Author Topic: Moran Family in SA  (Read 28919 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Moran Family in SA
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 30 August 08 04:14 BST (UK) »
Birth records are only available in South Australia to 1928 and marriages to 1937.  There is no birth registration for a Desmond Brian MORAN to 1928 in SA. 

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ANN MORAN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moran Family in South Australia
« Reply #28 on: Friday 03 January 14 04:53 GMT (UK) »
I am eldest daughter of four born to James CHRISTOPHER Charles MORAN, son of James Charles Christopher MORAN.  He was born in 1910 and his mother died in 1911.  His father remarried to Matilda Peterson who had a daughter Muriel and subsequent siblings were half-brothers and sisters to my father.  Dad died on 15 July 1982, aged 72.  Ann

Offline ANN MORAN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 03 January 14 05:00 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find out info on Desmond Brian Moran, married Daphne? These two may still be living not sure. If anyone can help. I appreciate it.  From what I know, he was born in SA

Desmond Moran was son of James Charles Christopher Moran, and half-brother to my father James Christopher Moran.  He spent some time in the Royal Australian Navy I think and lived for some time at Seaton Park, Sth Aust.  I recall he was active in the Bowls Club there according to my Dad.
My father was born in 1910 and his mother died in 1911.  His father remarried to Matilda Peterson who had one daughter, Muriel.  All subsequent siblings were half-brothers and sisters to my  Dad who died in 1982, aged 72 at Broken Hill, NSW.

Offline milliecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 21 February 14 06:37 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Cassiecat. I am one of the granddaughters of James Christopher Moran. One of four children born to Albert Wilson Moran. I have further information for you re James. He jumped ship in Pt Adelaide aged 13 and born in the County Cork of Ireland. All his brothers and sisters had a very irish upbringing. And all funerals I attended also very irish. Hope this helps u further your search for your husband.

Offline milliecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 04:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Sassie Cat. I am the daughter of Albert Moran. did u get my post about his father who was from Ireland. jumped shipi as a cabin boy  when it docked in Port Adelaide. I think I noticed that you were looking for Desmond my Dads younger brother his parents both died when he was a ten and he lived with us for a few years. He married Daphne (dec) and had two children David and JoAnne. I think he is now in a retirement village in the norther suburbs of Adelaide near his son and daughter. Cheers Millie cat

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 05:11 BST (UK) »
Hi milliecat :)

Welcome to rootschat  :)

Sassie Cat has not been logged in to rootschat since 17 Feb 2009.  If she has notifications turned on and her email address hasn't changed since that date, she would have received an email about posts on this thread.

Cheers
Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Julianne Fuss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 01 March 15 07:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am the Grand Daughter of Horace James Moran & his first wife Joan Maiden name New - only child from this relationship Jennifer Alice Florence. Nice to meet you all.

Offline ANN MORAN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 04 March 15 03:40 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Ann Moran, eldest daughter of James Christopher Charles Moran first son of James Christopher.  He was widowed when my father was a baby and subsequent childRen were from his second marriage.   Some names I know are Sydney, Albert. Horace. Desmond. Colin. David (deceased aged 6). Bette. Iris.
Muriel was daughter of his second wife at time of their marriage.
I met Horace and Joan when I was a very small child.  They stayed with us for a short time. Desmond died late February 2015. I have sent
a letter to his family.  Does anyone know where in Cork my grandfather was born?
I'm excited to hear this news of Dad's family.  He spoke of and kept in touch from time to time but they were not part of our lives.  I am eldest of 4 girls. My first name was Hilda, named for Dad's mother but I changed it to Ann in 1981. My sisters Joan and Shirley are still living and my sister Fay died of cancer aged 49 in 1986. None of us are "spring chickens" but pretty good anyway.  Ann

Offline Julianne Fuss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 04 March 15 06:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann it was great to hear from you and more of the family history , as my side is a little confusing as My Grandfather Horace Divorced Joan as she had deserted her family I think the story was she had left my mother with the neighbour's while my Grandfather was at work. It was never realy talked about.  Didnt actually now her name was Joan until Mum need her Birth Certificate. My Mum has now passed from Breast Cancer its been 10 years now and my siblings and i dont have any thing to do with the family. Would have any photos of Horace and Joan from your father. I should tell you a bit about my Family so there are a few kids my siblings names are from oldest to youngest ~ Lindi, Kym, David, Patsy,me Julianne and Helen. Lindi and Patsy have both passed  Kym & David are in there fiftys im in my forties and Helen is too. It was great to hear from you look forward to hearing from you again best wishes Julianne  :)