Author Topic: LEMON  (Read 50502 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: LEMON
« Reply #27 on: Friday 21 August 09 11:38 BST (UK) »
Anyone have West/Gray records please...? even unrelated to Lemons.

The Wests seem to be linked to Lemon + Gordon lines so am checking possible "triangle connections" to these names.."Mary Elizabeth LEMON, daughter of John LEMON and Harriet WILLIAMSON. Mary married Thomas GRAY"..

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline dgclough

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 21 August 09 12:05 BST (UK) »
You haven't mentioned these Wests before, how do they fit in? Did you know the Grays and are you related to them?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 21 August 09 12:34 BST (UK) »
These names are mixed in the various previous posts, the Wests and Greys interconnect..etc.

So by looking at various links it might form a chain! That is why I was asking for ANY West/Gray records...Lemons a reconnected to Halls....West are connected to Halls..others connect to Halls etc.....it is not a straight line due to various marriages along the way.

The Lemons connect to Halls (2 different Hall families!)...Gordons connect to Halls(at least twice!)....Lemons connect to Greys...Swans connect to Nesbitts...Swans connect to Halls...

As for who I'm related to.....many families ( Swann, Wright, Woods, McCrudden, Seymours, Lyons, Scotts, McMurrins, Grahams, Dudgeons, Browns, Gordons, Greys etc) and many of these names are further connected by Swanns marrying Grahams, Browns marrying Swanns, Woods marrying McCruddens, Swanns marrying Dudgeons, Halls marrying Woods, Dudgeons marrying Grahams, Halls marrying Wrights who were already connected to Swanns, etc etc   . If you are doing Lemon family you need to find connections to other names as often these families reconnect to each other 2 or 3 generations back..

So if anyone has any West/Grey(Gray) records I'd appreciate them as I am one link short of a connection, thanks.

Offline dgclough

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 21 August 09 13:11 BST (UK) »
Haha that's very confusing. I'm afraid I can't help. I traced my English ancestors back to the 16th century last year, but I have had no success with my Irish ancestors. I didn't even have my granddad's parents names until Elizabeth emailed me, but I did have his siblings. I'd also greatly appreciate any help with the Grays, Lemons and Chapmans (Johnny Gray married Lucinda Isabella Chapman - again I have her siblings but I don't have her parents names. I found the war record of her brother, Samuel, but there were two copies of the same record, and one said his father's name was John, the other said Joseph!)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 21 August 09 14:34 BST (UK) »
Well it's by all the side connections I was able to sort them out to date..my connections to the Lemon descendents was worked out in a very roundabout way...even though the connection is indirect to them. My g/aunt connected across to someone on that tree but I think it was over 3 generations or 4..even that line goes back to another line of mine in North Monaghan over 100 years earlier..now I'm working  on connecting West/Greys....to someone else. So many names are in the mix, that is why I'm trying for any West/Grey records....so one of these might be the one to link them! Maybe even one of the Wests that married into the previously mentioned Todds...e.g who else did the Todd family marry??

One record can make all the difference, hence my looking for West/Grey records...but I probably won't get any!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 21 August 09 14:49 BST (UK) »
Aha...more Browns, this time to Chapman...15th June 1830  Isaac Brown, Drumgoon married Sarah Chapman, Ematris...

more Halls to Chapmans....15th Dec 1920 Edward Chapman son, John Chapman, Glaslough Street, Monaghan  Married  Margaret Hall dau, David Hall, Killylaragh....which would be Errigal Trough,I think.......Interesting!!

and Chapmans married into Grahams...Gordons married Chapmans....Here we go again!! :'( :'( :'( ::)Greys married Chapmans....but did Wests marry Chapmans?? (answers on $20 bills please!!) :o

Offline dgclough

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 21 August 09 14:55 BST (UK) »
Where are you finding all these marriage records? It would appear that all the Irish married cousins!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 21 August 09 15:24 BST (UK) »
Well I just collect them, am hoping to get my hands on other books..mainly Ballybay area but won't be back there for 2 weeks...got births/deaths for one parish last Tuesday and a waiting for the marriage records....the people I was looking for weren't there except for birth of one son so now need to look elsewhere for the rest...these are Wests and Greys....so they moved parishes.

There are books written on part of my family so they are easy enough..one or two names can then be traced. Not too bothered about them as they are peripheral lines but just nice to have. I have everyone on my diect lines back to 1800 or so, which is sufficient enough. You have to draw a line somewhere...

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: LEMON of Rockcurry
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 25 August 09 17:16 BST (UK) »

not yours but;
17th Nov 1848 Thomas Lamon son, Owen Lamon, Lisroon, Clones Parish,   Married  Betsy Annon dau, John Annon, Allagesh witnesses Joseph + Henry McVittie in Tedadvnet