Author Topic: emigrate from UK  (Read 1004 times)

Offline johntoday

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
emigrate from UK
« on: Saturday 25 November 06 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Listers

I have the death cert: of my cousin who died "believed exhaustion and heat" Queensland on Dec 1952 having been in Australia six months. Is there any way that I can find out where he landed and what date in Australia. I assume he left Southampton UK on an assisted passage
Thankyou for any advice
John UK
Etheridge,(Ham). Churcher (Ham). Miller (Glamorgan)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: emigrate from UK
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 November 06 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
Please see http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,198322.0.html for more information and for leads already given.
Cheers
 :)
Prue

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 November 06 03:16 GMT (UK) »
As mentioned by Prue - probably the only place in australia that will have the immigration details are the archives

The archives will check for you if the record exists and give you a quote for copying the details

http://www.naa.gov.au/about_us/contacting_us.html

write to the "reference" email number. It takes up to 30 days for a reply, but they answer every query received. I have found their service excellent.

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline johntoday

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 November 06 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trish
Thankyou for replying to my request for info. I will do as Prue adviced and contact www.naa.gov.au
cheers
John
Etheridge,(Ham). Churcher (Ham). Miller (Glamorgan)