Author Topic: mary tipping born 1815,garston,liverpool..any brothers or sisters??  (Read 5151 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mary tipping born 1815,garston,liverpool..any brothers or sisters??
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 November 06 10:53 GMT (UK) »
hi mary....my g.grandmother was 96 when she died,and she related all her family,bros sisters d.o.b`s...her mother and father and her grandparents ..al  beautifully hand written in black indian ink.which my mothers sister who is 83 now has....so i just had to go back on 1851 and 1841 census and look for the family....i didn`t know mary/maria`s maiden name was tipping as i only had her down as mary ellis who had married edward ellis abt 1838....i found  mary`s marriage to edward on genes re-united.....maiden name tipping, someone posted me a message with maria/marys birth ,with joannis tipping and ann low as parents....regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline lesleyhannah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 November 06 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Allan, Have you seen:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hibernia/mar/mary/mary.htm

I hope this is the correct link - it's a rootsweb Index to the Marriages at St. Mary's RC Church Woolton, Liverpool, 1756 to 1907.  I've had a look and there are several Tippings. I know you're not actually looking for marriages, but you might find names you know.

I'm assuming it is the Catholic church - although there are CofE St Marys in the area too.

Lesley

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 November 06 11:30 GMT (UK) »
thanks lesley...i`ll take a look now...you are correct, according to mary a they were catholic babtism`s/marriages...regards...allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 November 06 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Don't take my word as gospel - if there are other St Marys in Woolton investigate them too, but I have very strong suspicions because of the spelling of his name - latinicised - blimey does that sound right?

I am surprised however, that there are catholic church entries on the IGI, so I may well be wrong, investigate all avenues.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline lesleyhannah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 November 06 16:58 GMT (UK) »
No. you're right, MaryA. Spoke to my (90 year old) mother this afternoon, and she's pretty sure it would be St Mary's in Woolton, which she remembers well. She doesn't remember Tippings in Garston, though she remembers a family of Toppings! We lived 'under the bridge' though, not in the posh part. As I remember it (I'm retired too) Woolton was miles away from Garston, but mum reminded me that in those days there would be nothing but fields between the two villages, so taking the children to be baptised in Woolton wouldn't seem so strange.
Lesley

Offline stevebooth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 November 06 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Yes, St Mary's is the Roman Catholic church in Woolton. The C of E church is St Peter's.

According to the Liverpool Record Office, they have the baptism records from St Mary's going back to 1756.

Steve

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 November 06 19:43 GMT (UK) »
thanks mary/lesley/steve...believe it or not lesley it is only 2 and a quarter miles from garston to woolton,though in your mums days that walk down country lanes would seem longer.....its a dual carriageway all the way now....i`ve been on that site mary   very interesting   found 5 tipping marriages in st marys...but cant see any connection on my side of tree(1771-1860`s)....some earlier dates,would have to try and find joannis`s parents/bros/sisters....thanks again to you all....allan

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 November 06 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Glad you've now got a fair bit to go on.  Sounds like a trip into town will be called for by you, 4th Floor of the library is where you'll find the microfilms, if you call and book a reader/reader printer before you go it'll cost you 50p but its worth it to know there'll be one waiting for you rather than all taken.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Etipping. 84

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 11 June 21 21:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've just come across this, I'm doing my family history and I'm a direct relative to Joannis and Mary apparently, my Madien name is Tipping. Would love to connect to family. I'm currently using my heritage.