Author Topic: Frustrated Sutherland Seeks Sutherlands  (Read 87343 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrated Sutherland Seeks Sutherlands
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 21:21 BST (UK) »
Oh, Bryce you better get in practice at sitting in small uncomfortable seats for long periods before you head to Oz.....don't want any complaining when you get there!  :P
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline Kin-getter

• RootsChat Senior
  • "I grow old ever learning new things"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 21:40 BST (UK) »
Oh, Bryce you better get in practice at sitting in small uncomfortable seats for long periods before you head to Oz.....don't want any complaining when you get there!  :P

Aw come on, he won't be in the wee room all the time - there will be other passengers wanting in, and besides - you can't watch inflight movies in there ;D
Ayrshire: Craig, Orr.

Offline ostler

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 22:37 BST (UK) »
I went to school didn't I? ;)
All countries/counties
Kinnes, Ostler (and all variations!!)

Scotland
Caithness: Sutherland and Gunn (Latheron), Mowat (Olrig, Canisbay)
Fife: Fleming, Harley, Small, Laing, Malcolm
Angus/Forfarshire: Small, Laing (Dundee)
Perthshire: Runciman, Whittet, Paul, Small
Midlothian: Dudgeon, Sanderson (Tranent)

England
Gloucestershire: Edkins, Trowton/Troughton
Warwickshire: Bromley, Vickers, Hydon

Offline ostler

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 22:39 BST (UK) »
Aw come on, he won't be in the wee room all the time - there will be other passengers wanting in, and besides - you can't watch inflight movies in there ;D
;D
All countries/counties
Kinnes, Ostler (and all variations!!)

Scotland
Caithness: Sutherland and Gunn (Latheron), Mowat (Olrig, Canisbay)
Fife: Fleming, Harley, Small, Laing, Malcolm
Angus/Forfarshire: Small, Laing (Dundee)
Perthshire: Runciman, Whittet, Paul, Small
Midlothian: Dudgeon, Sanderson (Tranent)

England
Gloucestershire: Edkins, Trowton/Troughton
Warwickshire: Bromley, Vickers, Hydon

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 10:40 BST (UK) »
Really you boys are incorrigible  ;D

Ah, Bryce.....much to learn you have (feeling distinctly Yoda-ish  ;) ) but worth it it is!

And James......am I sensing you have travelled to my fair country.....or spent a lot of time in airoplane loos!  :P

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline Kin-getter

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 10:53 BST (UK) »
Got to Queensland about 300 years ago (or was that 30? the years just keep on passing by ....).
Travelled Garuda - ("or spent a lot of time in airoplane loos")maybe it was the food?
No - was a good flight, good visit.
Oz is ok.  :)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 11:03 BST (UK) »
Glad you approve! At least you went to the best bit.....not that I am biased  ;)

Have never tried Garuda.....favs are Singapore Airlines and Qantas.....no worries with the food there.

Still not looking forward to the flight, but it is strange, not matter the discomfort it goes straight from your brain when you get off the plane, and strangely enough you seem to want to do it all over again  ::)

Jenny

Offline Kin-getter

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 11:12 BST (UK) »
It's much the same with this 'game' I feel - flying long trips/long drawn out research - hard at the time but when its done, you wonder what the fuss was about.

Hope Bryce is well 'genned up' on his Sutherlands now.

James.

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 11:25 BST (UK) »
It's much the same with this 'game' I feel - flying long trips/long drawn out research - hard at the time but when its done, you wonder what the fuss was about.

Hope Bryce is well 'genned up' on his Sutherlands now.

James.

I completely agree!

And yeah, Bryce you got enough Sutherlands up there to keep you busy for a while I reckon  :)