Author Topic: Wood Family Congleton 1901  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Wood Family Congleton 1901
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 November 06 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Mary
Many thanks for this info. It's given me loads to go on in taking the family back. I'll examine the marriage aspect etc next.
Re the James who died in WW1 (brother to Ernest). Most probably he was born after 1901 and I will examine that possiblity armed with the info you have kindly provided.

Many thanks once again
Gwil

PS The problem I was having with the Look up section was that a prompt would appear telling me about Copyright matters etc. When I clicked OK it went but as soon as I clicked on anything else it appears again. Everything is OK now though.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 November 06 19:51 GMT (UK) »
I think the pop up is mainly for a reminder for us who provide the look ups not to copy and paste the details, we are allowed to transcribe them, as I have done for you and so don't infringe copyright.

Just click the OK and take note never to copy and paste! ;D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 November 06 21:08 GMT (UK) »
The annoying thing, Mary, about the pop was that after I clicked the OK and the first click on the page it would pop up again  >:(
It may be my machine. I seem to think it's happened before.

What I know for a fact is that Ernest and James Wood are on Congleton War memorial and are related to my mate.
I was thinking about how I could positively link the two of them  to the families you have kindly identified and that would be on the family grave. In a lot of instances ,as you know, families would 'commemorate' their fallen on their own gravestones. Do you know if the ones for Congleton have been transcribed?

I've also been on BMD re James. Just searching on Congleton I see that there is one in Jun Qtr 1901 which is just after the Census.
Also there is one in 1895 and one James Henry in 1900. When you looked in the 1891 and 1901 I don't suppose one of these two were shown as a grandchild with the William Henry Wood and Harriet of the 1881 7 Astbury Street one by any chance?
( modification.
 Searching BMD deaths for Congleton there is a William Henry died 1888 right age and a Harriet died 1894 right age so knowing the 1891 Census for her  would help my enquiry if I could be so cheeky please Mary)
Gwil

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 30 November 06 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately in the 1901 census the youngest James I can find connected to Congleton was born in 1884, all others were older.  All James were living in other places, ie Staffordshire or Lancashire, the only ones in Cheshire were Sandbach and Wheelock, which might just be classed as Congleton anyway, but those were born 1845 and 1839.

If you want to check the 1901 census index you can do at either http://www.1901censusonline.com/ or www.ancestry.co.uk and if you see anybody of interest you can provide the details on the messageboard and somebody will be happy to do a look up for you. 

Sorry I've had no luck, it really would seem as though James was born after 1901.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)