Author Topic: STAPLEFORD Help needed please  (Read 4887 times)

Offline sandysmith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STAPLEFORD Help needed please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 November 20 23:07 GMT (UK) »
following with interest

trying to find parents of Joseph - the one who married and Sarah Clark
hints say father of Joseph is Parson Barratt - my 7th great grandfather
 My family line is in Cheshire though so not sure with the connection to Notts.

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 November 20 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello sandysmith, and welcome to Rootschat.

This is a very old thread. Your response may trigger someone else to pick it up again, but I think you might be better starting a new thread of your own. Just give us the info you already have and we'll see where we go!
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline Celc1979

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 December 22 15:30 GMT (UK) »
hi i think i can help with this hannah scattergood married luke sisson... therefore became hannah sisson... hannah would of stayed in england probably due to the fact she gave birth to a daughter in 1829 ann sisson.... ann sisson grew up and married a joseph stafford my 3rd great grandfather i beleive.. maybe 1854 her father is luke sisson but mother named as ann sisson (poss shortened from hannah) ann sisson/stafford had 3 chidren with joseph john stafford...hannah mary stafford (i beleive she married a turner) and a william stafford.... unfortunatly ann sisson died quite young around 33 years old... her husband joseph went on to marry a jane harrison and they went on to add to their own family.. my great great grandfather was the product of that marraige he was born in 1866... you maybe will find the area of smalley in derbyshire of significance to your search.... i hope ive given you enough info to try and solve ur issues...im currently working on the said family myself..... best regards... also try the cencus 1861 with joseph stafford of smalley you should find ann on there with the children the area you will be looking at is poss... pit lane...main rd smalley.. yew tree cottages... lots of farming and coal mining in our area back then.. im from heanor derbyshire and kno the area well also try looing up stainsby house in smalley... best regards... clare