Author Topic: Help would be really appreciated ;-)  (Read 4864 times)

Offline chuck

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Help would be really appreciated ;-)
« on: Monday 23 February 04 18:41 GMT (UK) »
I have my fathers birth certificate with the fathers name on it left blank. He was born in 1923.(Lionel Bonner Smith). The youngest of upto thirteen siblings.

His mother mother died in November 1959.(Annie Louise Smith. Maiden name Bonner)
I know from speaking to some cousins that the father of some of his siblings was named Alfred Morris Frederick Smith and he died in June 1918. The family home was the same for all siblings.
Now Im wondering if there is any way that I can find out who else was living at this address around 1922/1923?

What Im hoping for is that my fathers father may have been living there but as he wasnt married to Annie that his name wasnt recorded on Lionels birth certificate.

Bit of a long shot I know but none of my fathers brothers or sisters are still alive so I have nowhere else to go with my research.

There does seem to be a lot of conflicts in the info I have. Annie was 80 when she died making her 44 when my father was born. Alfred was 61 when he died in 1918 so a lot older that Annie when they married.

Im beginning to wonder if one of my fathers "sisters" was actually his mother ???

Offline Rob

• RootsChat Extra
  • Owen
    • View Profile
Re:Help would be really appreciated ;-)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 February 04 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Chuck

have you tried looking at the 1901 census and doing a search on this name?

bit of a long shot I know but worth a try
Owen, Farrington, Fordham, Dungate, Fey, Tyson, Saunders

(Cambridge - London (Bermondsey) - Devon Areas)

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 February 04 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Chuck,

You can check the Electorial Role for 1922 and 1923, you will find these at the Local Research Library.

Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline chuck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 February 04 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Ive searched and searched for Annie Louise Bonner and Annie Louise Smith but cant find anything in the 1901 census.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 February 04 13:21 GMT (UK) »
I've already asked about _exactly_ what is shown as the mothers details on Lionel's birth certificate, but there are possible Ann/Annie Bonners listed in 1901.

What part of the country do you think she would have been living in when Annie Bonner married Mr Smith? (ie where were the kids born? )

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline chuck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 February 04 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Ive confirmed a couple of things.

Annie Louisa was born a Brown (1879)  then married a Bonner then a Smith. I have no idea when she married first and became a Bonner.

She married Alfred Morris Fredrick Smith but I cant confirm that date either. I believe it could have been as early as 1901 in the London/Surrey area.

I have Annies death certificate on the way, she died in Portsmouth in  1959 so hopefully from that I may find the DOB.

Thanks for your help