Author Topic: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana  (Read 69677 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 12:42 BST (UK) »
 Quotes from stuff already posted!

Hi little annie,
These births on familysearch.org:
Patrick McLaughlin b. 2 aug 1869
Mary Anne McLaughlin b. 1 jun 1874
Charles McLaughlin b. 8 sep 1876

Hope that helps,
Oisín

--------------------------------------------------

"Thank you
 Oisinh1 & MaryDerry for your time and trouble your information on Biddy & Mary Anne i reckon is right i did not know i had Mary Anne as a g auntie .
I have just talked to there niece, my auntie, it seems to add up Biddy lived in union st in Derry and her sister MaryAnne lived in Fredrick .
My grand parent's was married in St Eugene's Cathedral in Derry 22-2 -1916.
Not sure on the other two could be relations............."

----------------------------------------------------

Is there a reason why they aren't on your tree?

Are there other names/dates posted in other replies?

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 13:21 BST (UK) »
Just found the Baptism of Michael 31 March 1879!  God parents are Patrick Doherty and Mary Doherty now my question is Mary?  Sarah's sister.
As for Michael what happened to him after his birth your guess is as good as mine ;-)
                                                                                                                                     Little Annie

Bapt 31 March  https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000633000#page/32/mode/1up  left page

very strange!

They were well inside time frame for registering Births! I think it was 3 months!

Is this your Michael born on 10th of April 1879 who was Baptized in March 1879 ?

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Hallmark you beat me to it on James and SALLY's wedding I only seen that information today!  I think my biggest problem or plain stupidity was I kept putting in Donegal instead of inishown etc
To your question I just haven't got round to putting other members of the donegal family in as I have been chasing my father's side Cork as well with even less information than donegal!!
Looking at my dna on ancestry I do have Donaghey in my links etc Just when you think you have solved one problem up come another?  So now I two Sally Mcloughlins from fallask both father's called Michael on my grandfathers and grandmothers side,  I wonder if they were cousins maybe maybe not? 
So to anyone from fallask area maybe you could now solve this mystery once and for all cheers Pat
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 15:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Hallmark you beat me to it on James and SALLY's wedding I only seen that information today!  I think my biggest problem or plain stupidity was I kept putting in Donegal instead of inishown etc
To your question I just haven't got round to putting other members of the donegal family in as I have been chasing my father's side Cork as well with even less information than donegal!!
Looking at my dna on ancestry I do have Donaghey in my links etc Just when you think you have solved one problem up come another?  So now I two Sally Mcloughlins from fallask both father's called Michael on my grandfathers and grandmothers side,  I wonder if they were cousins maybe maybe not? 
So to anyone from fallask area maybe you could now solve this mystery once and for all cheers Pat

Are they after Civil Reg dates?

If so, check   Marriages for Michael McLoughlin   Inishowen  see who their fathers were??

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 15:57 BST (UK) »
So....

I make it out to be

1.James 9/11/1867 present at birth Was Mary Doherty
2.Patrick McLaughlin b. 2 aug 1869   Sourced!
3.BRIDGET/Biddy 27/11/1871
4.SARAH 3RD JAN 1872
5.Mary Anne McLaughlin b. 1 jun 1874 Sourced!
6.CHARLES 3RD SEPT 1876/Charles McLaughlin b. 8 sep 1876 Sourced!
7.MICHAEL 31 ST 1879 ?  Sourced!
8.THOMAS 30TH AUGUST 1884  (Cert C Reg 3 Sept 1884) Sourced!
9.CATHRINE (CASSIE) 2ND AUG 1887 Sourced!
10.ANNIE 27TH APRIL 1890

11. "Miss Ing McLoughlin"   ;D

11 children 9 living

So, who is missing from Census??

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 16:13 BST (UK) »

Yes, one needs to know the Districts for Donegal, then see which District theirs were in.

A brilliant website is  https://www.swilson.info/regdistmap.php

then Select the County from first dropdown box to get them for whatever County.

Then using Map see what District theirs were in.

Then Search Civil Reg using Surname/District/Yr Ranges etc

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 16:38 BST (UK) »
The Civil Reg (free) website https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp  is a 3 step thing

Enter Surname, District, Year Ranges etc

Hit Search and it brings one to the Captcha (security check), then the Sign In page (where I use q q  ;D )

Many think (understandably!) it is bringing them to another Website etc but it is just Security and Legislation that these have to be here!

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday 25 August 20 18:44 BST (UK) »
So I have finally got round to putting people together again so it's seems Mary potts Mcloughlin from Fallask who married Patrick Hark in had quite a few children thanks to Big Pat giving me his grandfather Charles etc
Children born to Patrick and Mary from Meendoran correct spelling?
Bridget 15/11/1864
Mary1/2/1867
Hugh 17/8/1868
Michael 29/10/1870
Patrick 8/6/1872
John 17/6/1874
Charles 20/11/1877
Neal 13/7/1874 
How many of these children survived to adult hood I don't know yet, but being kicked of the land by the British!
Must  have been hard enough bringing up the children with little to no money etc how did they feel as parents.
So lets put this connection to me Mary is my 3x great auntie sister of Sally Mcloughlin from Fallask known as potts Mclaughlin on my grandfathers side James Harkin. As far as I know 2 different harkin families cheers little Annie

McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Monday 15 March 21 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello again  I just found out today that there seems to be a direct line between 2 sets of my mclaughlins. Potts Mclaughlin from fallask is on my grandfathers side.
My grandmother Annie  mother was  Sally was also from Fallask. Now the sister of potts Mclaughlin married Patrick harkin from mindoran,
My grandmothers sister from cleenagh Bridget married Ned the skelper Doherty now children from both sets of families are both dna connectioned as am I So I am thinking both SALLY's are cousins from fallask I hope this makes sense to people
cheers little annie