Author Topic: George GWYNN and Mary Ann HOBBS  (Read 14557 times)

Offline Lesanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George GWYNN and Mary Ann HOBBS
« Reply #45 on: Monday 24 September 07 08:57 BST (UK) »
 :) Have been researching the Swing Riots and much information reported in The Times Newspaper.
If you have access to Times Digital. Narrow your search to
1st Nov 1830 - 31 Jan 1831 with the search keyword of 'Riots' only. As 'Swing' hasn't got much of a mention.

It would appear that all of Nov 1830 had the most recorded riots and Jan 1831 had the most court appearences.
But then I'm still reading through the reports.....  :o

Lesanne.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Berks Bucks Oxon= Norris Coxhead Turner Cox Weston Baston Simpson
Kent= Nicholls Mepstead Watts   Mile End=Craze Wood Bennett
Cork=Howe   NZ=Coxhead   Canada=Fenn Cox Turner

Offline LouiseB31

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: George GWYNN and Mary Ann HOBBS
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 20:09 GMT (UK) »
It's been 11 years so you probably know all this by now, but just for posterity, George Gwyn husband of Mary Ann Hobbs was born 10th May 1797, the son of George Gwyn and Hannah Eyles. He died in Ramsbury in 1826 leaving with her at least three children.

He was buried on the 29th September. This is why she was then free - or necessitated - to marry Peter Wither.

I suspect that the child allegedly baptised in 1835 was actually baptised in 1825 and it is a transcription error. I haven't started looking for the original records yet.
I just started researching for a friend, this is her maternal ancestry.
Baldock, Millward, Harriman, Wilson, Hilton, Fairclough, Hadley, Bedford, Brady, Butler, Watchorn, Marshall, Jutson, Pinfold, Masters, Mottram, Upton, Daffern, Shellswell, Skelding, Wall, Taylor, Scattergood, Ferguson, Innous, Mulley, Hyams