Author Topic: Clyro Parish Records  (Read 10419 times)

Offline tabitha

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Clyro Parish Records
« on: Wednesday 17 November 04 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, does anyone know if Clyro parish records have been transcribed online? I'm trying to establish the father of my 2xG Grandmother Emma Be(a)van in 1840 and baptised 20 Feb 1841.
Thanks
Claire
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline kmo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Clyro Parish Records
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 November 04 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Have you managed to find her mother?
There are two Emma Beavans around Clyro on the Radnor 1841 census. One aged two, the other three months.

Offline tabitha

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 November 04 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi - her mother is Ann Be(a)van.....who doesn't appear to have a husband!! The IGI has her baptism on 20 Feb 1841 with just her mother's name...the 1841 census shows them living with Mary Teague. I was wondering if maybe there was anything "extra" included in the parish record that might suggest a possible father.

Thanks
Claire :)
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline kmo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 November 04 22:15 GMT (UK) »
I doubt whether the Parish register is online.
 Powys Archives has copies of ,
Clyro Parish Registers for the periods:
Baptisms 1667-1787, 1789-1988,
Marriages 1688-1920,
Baptisms 1688-1989,
 Banns 1754-1812

Their online address is,

http://archives.powys.gov.uk/

If all else fails and you are unable to get there yourself, they do have a research service.

Offline tabitha

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 November 04 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you kmo - I will have to get the records office research people on to it I think!!

Thanks for the help
tabitha :)

Offline llangatwg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 August 16 17:39 BST (UK) »
Mary Teague was the mother of Hannah Teague was was my greatgreatgrandfathers first wife.  They lived in birds nest Clyro.

Offline Angie Probert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 11 September 16 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Powys Family History Society are working on creating a CD of Clyro Parish records - they will hopefully be available soonish and available through the Powys FHS website, Genfair and Parish Chest
Thanks

Offline Debbie Teague

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 February 19 03:20 GMT (UK) »
I've hit a brick wall.  My ancestor James Teague was baptized 1717 Father was Mathew Teague.  Brother Thomas was born two years later, different mother, same father.  Anyone related to me or know about Mathew Teague husband of Joane 1717 and Susan (I think) 1719.  Information was obtained from the handwritten register obtained online.  Son James moved to England but I am pretty sure Mathew stayed in Clyro.  Thank you any and all.

Offline Angie Probert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 10 February 19 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi, The only Teague that I can see on the parish records for 1717 is
Aug 30th James, s. Mathew TEAGUE & Joane his wife
Any good - hope so!
Happy hunting
Angela
PS Powys FHS has a cd of these parish records available