Author Topic: Elizabeth Jane Watts  (Read 2662 times)

Offline lynnesl0t

• RootsChat Extra
  • alice west my great grandmother
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Jane Watts
« on: Wednesday 20 December 06 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me track down the death for Elizabeth please?
She was born (nee Richards)  in 1864 in Greenwich and married my g grandad William Thomas Watts in 1887. They lived in Camberwell, London, in Beresford St which is now known as John Ruskin St. They were there in 1901.
I have received a cert which is not her and so am still searching!The cert I have is 1d 585 so discount that !!! :-\
Thanks very much in advance  :)
Lynne
Watts, Hardy, Richards, West, Bennett, Robson,Nelmes.Suffolk, Devon, Yorkshire and London

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Jane Watts
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 December 06 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynne

I think it's probably a slog through the complete death indexes here http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx

You know your family best, but if her husband died before her, is it possible she remarried?  Did they stay in the Camberwell area post-1901?  Do you have her husbands death cert?  If so, is there any useful info on it (e.g. did she register the death?)

Sorry more questions than answers really, but the browse through the death index is probably the best route.

Good luck
Biker
 :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lynnesl0t

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 December 06 22:16 GMT (UK) »
 :D Hello Biker!!
Thanks for the reply. I have not got a death cert for her hubby William Watts and yes it is a possibility that she married again. I'll check the marriages on freebmd or ancestry. ::)
see you on rootschat! ;)
Watts, Hardy, Richards, West, Bennett, Robson,Nelmes.Suffolk, Devon, Yorkshire and London

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 December 06 22:39 GMT (UK) »
HI Lynne,
                there is a death 1904,Camberwell age 43,1d 446.
 I don't whether it looks promising or not :-\ :-\
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 December 06 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
              I was wondering if this was your great grandad,
  death, 1911 Camberwell age 62....1d 1051.
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline lynnesl0t

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 December 06 22:35 GMT (UK) »
 :)Hello oonagh,
I hadnt seen that one for my ggrandad. I had seen the one 1d 80 Jan/Feb/march 1911 age 49 and was going to order that one. What do you think?
I'll check out that death you have found for Elizabeth , thank you!!!
Merry Christmas!
Lynne  ;)

Offline lynnesl0t

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 December 06 22:43 GMT (UK) »
 ???Oo nagh, She was 94 not 49 LOL  :D
Thanks anyway!!!

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 21 December 06 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynn,
            me again,the Elizabeth I was looking at was one below the very aged one(94 LOL) but looking at it again,I see she is Elizabeth E....not Elizabeth J.....so DOH again.
                                                               Oonagh. :D :D