Author Topic: "And now we are 3 !!": Dec 31 Rootschat's Birthday  (Read 15510 times)

Offline Elliebob

• RootsChat Senior
  • Maggie Wright 1889-1949
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 31 Rootschat's Birthday
« Reply #18 on: Friday 22 December 06 10:28 GMT (UK) »
I have to agree with everything that has been said on this thread.

Thanks and congratulations to everybody who helps make this site so great

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & HAPPY NEW YEAR OF ROOTSCHATTING

Ellen
Court, Stratford on Avon, Dorsington, Welford<br />Faulkner,Glos/Warwicks<br />Higgins, Quinton<br />Bennett, Stoke on Trent<br />Stride, Hampshire<br />Wright, Stoke on Trent<br />McConnell, Co Donegal<br />Brooks, Co Donegal, Antrim<br />Jackson, Warwickshire/Isle of Wight/India/army<br />Keefe, Essex, Hampshire/Isle of Wight/army/india<br, Queensland aus. />Chatfield, Sussex

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 22 December 06 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Dear Trystan and Sarah,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful site.  It has brought so many lovely people together from all over the world, through their love of family history and genealogy.  Many lifelong friendships have been formed, and love, comfort and a daily dose of laughter brought into the lives of those of us with all manner of problems, ill health and lonliness.

Not only are we blessed with generous friends on here, as they give their precious time to help us with our own research, but we in turn have discovered the joy of helping others too.

Rootschat, thanks to you both, has indeed become a global family.

May the Angels watch over each and every one of you, and have a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

Lots of Love
Su xxxxx
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 22 December 06 13:53 GMT (UK) »
There's no place elsewhere like Rootschat.  I said this a couple of months ago and I think it's worth repeating

Trystan and Sarah have combined their talents to bring us a brilliantly designed and feature-laden message board system.

The Moderators have given loads of their time to set the tone and keep us quietly in order, keeping a well ordered and maintained site.  Where else would a moderator get in touch with me to ask if my look-up query had been resolved so that the board (which has experienced over 9000 posts) can be kept tidy?

The RootsChatters are erudite, polite, funny, and committed.  Whatever your skills and abilities, a RootsChatter can find a way to contribute to the general knowledge base found here, and get plenty of great stuff in return.  

Looking forward to many more magic RootsChatting years.  Thanks Trystan and Sarah and everyone else

JULIAN
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 22 December 06 17:08 GMT (UK) »
I raise my glass to you, RootsChat, your being here has helped to keep me sane through all the ups and downs of dead rellie hunting this year. How I wish I had known about you before.
3 years? Here's to the next 30 and 3.
Happy Birthday and many many thanks
Paula
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline bombergirl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 23 December 06 19:48 GMT (UK) »
I too would like to offer my congratulations on such a wonderful site. The help i have received over the last 6 months has been invaluable. And thank you too all of you who have found the information for me.  Merry Christmas. :) :) :) :) :) :)
Wordsworth  -  Penistone Castleford Middlesbrough

Offline Nadine Moore

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 29 December 06 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Trystan & Sarah

A brilliant site run by a great team with the best members around

To all my fellow RC members

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
and many, many more to come

Dinie
Census information is Crown Copyright - www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
ADAMS - Kent/Sussex, BROOKS - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. GASCOYNE/GASKINS - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. GOULD - Derbyshire/Lancashire. HILL - Hampshire/Kent/Lancashire/Limerick. MARK - Buckinghamshire/Cumberland/Lancashire. WILCOX - Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire. WITTONBROOKES/WITTENBROKE - Northamptonshire/Buckinghamshire. YATES - Canada.

Offline Lainys

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 29 December 06 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Happy Birthday Rootschat!

Thanks to Trystan, Sarah, and the mods who keep this site running effectively  :)

Dolly
See the Surnames I am researching on the surname interest table

Offline DS

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 29 December 06 20:10 GMT (UK) »
RootsChatters are erudite, polite, funny, and committed. 

I'm not (although many people think I should be the last one), but I still wish to endorse the sentiment that this is, without doubt, the best organised and the best managed site that I have seen and it is frequented by the nicest "clientele".

Many Happy Returns and Many Thanks to everyone concerned.

DS  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 31 December 06 07:23 GMT (UK) »

Happy Birthday Rootschat . . . and many more of them.                      :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Barbara                   8)
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton