Author Topic: I've made it back into the 1700!!  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
I've made it back into the 1700!!
« on: Tuesday 24 February 04 08:15 GMT (UK) »
I sent an email off several weeks ago to someone researching The Chapmans of Norfolk.  His email back was very promising but i wanted to make doubley sure we were talking about the same Harriott as the birth date was out slightly.  I did'nt have her father's name either but my email *Cousin* did.

I recieved her marriage certificate on Sat Morning and BINGO!  i was leaping about the kitchen doing the watootsee around the cooker :)

So not only have i got back into the 1700's with Harriotts father, i have found a new Cousin  ( who has my nose by the way <g>) and we've been swapping Family pics all weekend.  

---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:I've made it back into the 1700!!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 February 04 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations Fitty !

It is amazing to get back so far. How many years has that taken you ?

;D
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re:I've made it back into the 1700!!
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 February 04 20:36 GMT (UK) »
I first started researching my family tree in 2001 but because of a family commitment i gave it up for a year and restarted it a little while ago.  I,m very lucky to have my brother helping me, he's the one that usually has the time to go to the libary.

I've also been lucky in contacting 2 people who have been researching different branches in the Norfolk area, they really made a big difference to my search. Saying this i have always tried to veryify each and every "hit"  with Certificates or scans of the actual parish records.  

My father was born in Amsterdam and once i had the " bug " i decided to make all my mistakes in the UK first and once i had gained a little experience the plan was to start researching in Holland.  My brother contacted me a couple of weeks ago to say that he'd found a Website with all out Dutch ancestors on it.   I was a bit dissapointed because i would have liked to track them down myself.  I have emailed the owner of the Dutch site and passed on some dates and names that they were missing.

Now if i could just sort out my Tites i would be happy.....i've got 7 William Tites in my tree and it gets mighty confusing, especially as 2 brothers married two sisters and each of them had sons called William. Thats the best thing about this Family Tree lark tho', sorting it all out and really getting to know who's who and all the why fors and what nots. It's the not knowing that makes it interesting for me and the sense of achievement when it all falls into place.

Does that make sense to anyone?   lol
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe