Author Topic: Lookup for FULFORD in STAFFORDSHIRE prior to 1881 census....  (Read 2873 times)

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
Lookup for FULFORD in STAFFORDSHIRE prior to 1881 census....
« on: Thursday 18 November 04 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi im trying to trace a Sarah/Sarrah Fulford (married name) born c.1928. She's in 1881 and 1901 census as being born in Bromsgrove/Redditch, Staffs. Along with the rest of the family she moved to South Yorkshire prob in 70s.
I know she had three children: Luke, James and Hannah but theres bound to be a lot more! I know she's a relative but im not quite sure how....
I need to know
a)who she was married to
b)who her other children were and
c) ESPECIALLY whether she had a son called John b.1847.
That would tell me how she's related to me. I think she's my great great great grandma, but not sure!
So if anyone can look her up in ANY CENSUS prior to 1881 I would be very very grateful. 
thanks very much for your help
Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline tarajobrien

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup for FULFORD in STAFFORDSHIRE prior to 1881 census....
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 November 04 02:26 GMT (UK) »
here she is in 1871

Name Age in 1871 Birthplace Relationship

Hannah Fulford 8  Rowley Regis, Staffordshire, England Daughter 
James Fulford 6  Rowley Regis, Staffordshire, England Son 
Luke Fulford 14  Rowley Regis, Staffordshire, England Son
Sarah Fulford 38  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, England Head 

Civil parish:    Rowley Regis 
Ecclesiastical parish:    Rowley Regis 
County/Island:    Staffordshire 
Source information:    RG10/2992
Registration district:    Dudley 
Sub-registration district:    Rowley Regis 
ED, institution, or vessel:    5 
Folio:    80 
Page:    4
Household schedule number:    16

Sarah is a widow, she is a char-women and son luke is a coal miner (as a lots of the men on the page)

Address is Whiteheath

hope this helps
Tara
Hertfordshire(Anstey, the Hadham, Reed, Standon): Gault, Hoy, Miles, Smith
Shropshire(Aston Botterell,Burwarton,Stoke St Milborough,Wheathill): Angell, Blackmore, Blakemore, Bennett, Pheysey
Essex(Dunmow,West Ham): Allen, Blackmore, Carr, Sutton
Warwickshire(Birmingham,Edgbaston): Angell
Yorkshire(Doncaster,Hull): Brooks, Doe
London/Middlesex area(Battersea,Wandsworth, Willesden): Angell, Brooks, Carr, Carswell, Salkind
Norfolk (Norwich,Nth Walsham,Lynn,Gt Yarmouth): Carr, Salkind

Offline tarajobrien

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 November 04 02:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison

my suggestion would be to put a look up request on the staffordshire board as there is a person with the 1861 census and that should reveal the father and whether there was perhaps a son called John there too.

good luck
Tara
Shropshire(Aston Botterell,Burwarton,Stoke St Milborough,Wheathill): Angell, Blackmore, Blakemore, Bennett, Pheysey
London/Middlesex area(Battersea,Wandsworth, Willesden): Angell, Brooks, Carr, Carswell, Salkind

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 November 04 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi thanks very much! You said there were many coal miners on the same page - were they other Fulford's o rnot. Every generation of my branch of the fulford family have been coal miners thats all - wondered if id found some more little branches!
Thanks for your help
Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline tarajobrien

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 November 04 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison

i'm afraid your Fulford are the only ones in Rowley Regis

good luck

Tara

Offline ashby_ally

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 21:38 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have just joined Rootsweb, so that I could respond to your query regarding Sarah Fulford. I have been researching my husband's step-father's family - his mother was Ada Fulford (b. 1900), whose father was James Fulford (b. 1865) and mother Ellen Scargill (1873-1908) James's mother Sarah (nee Craddock) b near Alvechurch (it varies from census to census) m James Fulford senior in 1843. In 1851 they were living Coopers Hill, Alvechurch and he was a brickmaker. In 1861 He was a farm labourer and was living at White Heath, Rowley Regis. James died in 1870. Once widowed she worked as a charwoman (1871) and domestic (1881) before moving to live with James (1891) 27 Queen St., Wombwell, W. Yorks., where he was a miner. Other children included Joseph b 1842, John 1844 -1913, Mark 1847-1866, Letty b 1849, Matthew 1854-1867, Luke (m Isabella Grubham 1882) 1857-?, and Hannah b 1863. Dates are approximate. I have a few other details as well if you're interested, but don't want to go on too long. By the way one of the problems tracing the family is an incorrect transcription of one of the censuses, so it doesn't show on a search. Hope this is helpful.
Linford/Bullas - E. & N. Yorkshire & Norfolk
Deakin/Holland - Nottinghamshire & Kendal
Southward/Jackson - Cumbria & W. Yorks
Rhodes/Firth - Yorkshire

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 25 August 10 01:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, lovely to hear from you on such an old post!
So are you saying your husband's a relative of mine - or is it step relation?

thanks
Alison