Author Topic: 1841 census lookup  (Read 2278 times)

Offline annabelleH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census lookup
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 December 06 16:29 GMT (UK) »
thanks to all of you for looking, I know William served in the "first regiment of foot" and have done some research and think he may have fought at Corunna, but finding Isley Blou is difficult and I have hit a brick wall with Eliza, her birth and who her mother was, who must have been a very brave lady to follow William to Spain in 1812!!! someone is doing some delving for me in the northeast as he is intrigued by this but so far we havent had much luck, so if anyone out there has any info all would be gratefully received.

Offline Shropshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 December 06 17:21 GMT (UK) »
The Armed Forces regulars might not see this thread so it's worth a separate post.  It's amazing what they know!

I'm (almost) certain that the capital letter of the second word is a "D" not a "B".  Could the name be a English version of a Spanish name?  Think about how the WW1 soldiers mangled the French names they came across.  That would make it really hard to find the place.  What you need is a Spanish speaker to say the name over and over to see if it starts to make sense.

Good hunting
Monica
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 12 June 20 16:11 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I see this thread is 14 years old and annabelleH was looking for information about Elizabeth Isley Robinson (nee Kelly). She mentions:- "someone is doing some delving for me in the northeast as he is intrigued by this but so far we haven't had much luck". I'm sure that someone is me!

I haven't been actively looking for sometime now (or even been on RootsChat) but unfortunately I still haven't had any luck!!!  :(

So . . . . annabelleH are you still looking? Have you found anything?

Regards

Stu