Author Topic: Searching for Bakers-Clark Rochford area  (Read 4417 times)

Offline lindagene

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Searching for Bakers-Clark Rochford area
« on: Thursday 18 November 04 11:21 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the BAKER family,   
 there do appear to be lots of Bakers out there but the ones I am interested in are....William Baker, origins unknown, married Maria.  William I think was a bargeman.  He had three children ( I think) William born 26.7.1829 Rochford, John Joseph baptised 30.11.1834 Rochford and Samuel Offord baptised 26.2.1832. also Rochford.
William Jnr. was a Millwright, unmarried as far as I know,
  John Joseph was a mariner, he married Elizabeth Ann CLARK and they had seven children:
Fanny Maria  b.1858 who married Walter James YOUNG a wheelwright
Maria Elizabeth b.1859 who married William PAYNE a carpenter and builder
Hannah Sarah b. 1862 who married John BUSS who was a cook
John Hoseph b. 1864 who married Florence Jane PENWARDEN  he became a coastguard
Dinah Emily b. 1866 who married John George Matthew IND Dinah died after the birth of her second child.
Offord Ernest b. 1868 who married ?  he served an apprenticeship with the watermen and lightermen and is believed to have gone into the merchant navy
Elizabeth Ann b. 1870 who married John TAYLOR who was a steward on a steamship.

If anyone has any connection to the above I would be delighted to hear from them.

Lindy
Snowdon, Collinson,  Durham, Northumberland,Yorkshire
Payne, Essex    Baker  Norfolk/Essex/Australia
Davies  Staffordshire, Shropshire

Offline Gerry2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Bakers-Clark Rochford area
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 August 14 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Lindy

Maria Offord was born 1803 and was the daughter of Samuel Offord (1770-15.3.1849) and Susannah Merrett (29.10.1775- ?). Her three brothers were Samuel Offord (1801-1869) married Sarah; John Offord (1809-1880) married 1839 Harriet Arnold; and William Offord (10.1813-31.1.1814). Samuel Offord both father and son were the proprietors of the Cherry Tree Rochford (still there). A William Baker was proprietor in 1841 after the Offords. I do not if this William is related to your Baker. Samuel senior is my GGGGfather. I can fill more details of the descendants of Samual Offord junior.

Gerry

Offline Gerry2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Bakers-Clark Rochford area
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 August 14 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Lindy

Correction to the message just sent. The William Baker is the son of William and Maria Baker as he was at the Cherry Tree in 1841 but only aged 12.

Gerry