Author Topic: Photgraph request - Old Clapperton Hall, Broxburn  (Read 9593 times)

Offline kojak

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Photgraph request - Old Clapperton Hall, Broxburn
« on: Friday 29 December 06 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

If anyone lives near Broxburn - particularly Almondell Country Park, I would much appreciate a photograph of old Clapperton Hall, which is located just beyond the visitors suite inside the Park.

Kind thanks for anyone who can assist :-)

Kojak
Green, Gibson, Ross, Telfer, Pattie, Jardine, Hay, Kennedy, Dickson, in Dumfriesshire esp Applegarth, Lochmaben and Kirkcudbright

Thom, Raeburn, Grant and Allan (Mainly Banffshire - 16th-19th century but also old Aberdeenshire) as well as having an interest in Cruickshank (in Banffshire circa mid 19th century)
Cormack & McBain in Ross and Cromerty and Banffshire/Aberdeenshire pre 20th century

McClelland, MacNeill (Argyll, Scotland and Northern Ireland), MacCully, Carson, Northern Ireland

Offline jean jeanie

• RootsChat Member
  • Stewart Family
    • View Profile
Re: Photgraph request - Old Clapperton Hall, Broxburn
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 January 07 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kojak

My relies the Cunninghams lived at Clappeton Hall in 1851 and 1861.  A cousin of mine visited the area  2 years ago and was told that the exisiting house was no longer there

Regards
Jean

Offline kojak

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 January 07 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jean,

Ohh thanks for that info.

I was looking at a modern O.S map and I coudln't see it, so I guess it has been demolished.  However, I think the cottages associated to the Hall remain, as I saw an old listing (2005) on the internet for their sale.  Unfortunately, the site is no longer available as the property sold.

By any chance did your cousin take a pic of the cottages?

Regards,
Kojak
Green, Gibson, Ross, Telfer, Pattie, Jardine, Hay, Kennedy, Dickson, in Dumfriesshire esp Applegarth, Lochmaben and Kirkcudbright

Thom, Raeburn, Grant and Allan (Mainly Banffshire - 16th-19th century but also old Aberdeenshire) as well as having an interest in Cruickshank (in Banffshire circa mid 19th century)
Cormack & McBain in Ross and Cromerty and Banffshire/Aberdeenshire pre 20th century

McClelland, MacNeill (Argyll, Scotland and Northern Ireland), MacCully, Carson, Northern Ireland

Offline jean jeanie

• RootsChat Member
  • Stewart Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 January 07 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kojak

Sorry no pics of the cottages :(

Jean

Offline kojak

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 January 07 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for replying in any case Jean.

Good luck with your research.

Regards,

Kojak

Offline jean jeanie

• RootsChat Member
  • Stewart Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 March 07 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kojak

I visited Broxburn last week and have taken pictures of the cottages and the exisitng Old Clapperton Hall. Now I don't know how old this house is, but the sign outside says "Old Clappeton Hall"

If you send me your e mail address I'll send you the photos.

Regards
Jean

Offline joolz joolz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 19:17 GMT (UK) »
hi there, I have just read your message. I live opposite Old Clapperton Hall! It still stands and is lived in. you can also view it on google map. EH52 5PE. I have lived down here for 4 years now. What makes you interested in this area?

Offline jean jeanie

• RootsChat Member
  • Stewart Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My ancestors, the Cunninghams lived there in 1851 and 1861.

I am a native of Winchburgh/Broxburn

Regards
Jean

Offline joolz joolz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Old Clapperton Hall has been lived in now by the same owner since the early 70's, but the existing ladies husband was there a few years before that. He has since died.

where are you living now? you should come and have a look?

Kind Regards,

Joolz