Author Topic: Henry Richmond  (Read 10407 times)

Offline Mervyn Richmond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Richmond
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 January 19 12:49 GMT (UK) »
]There are at least two different Familys of Richmonds inIreland .One is in county Antrim the other is County Cavan.
The first Richmond was an army officer who came from Yorkshire in the 1600s who got the townland
 of Cornadarragh near Belturbet Co Cavan THe last Richmond who lived there died 2 3 years ago I am distantly related to him I live about three miles from there. My family are the only Richmonds left in area My great Grandfather was born in Cornadaragh in 1823 he moved to corraback in1865                he was called Frank. There are alot of Franks Henrys Williams and Johns which leaves it difficult to tell which is which as the Antrim Richmonds use same names. Mervyn               

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Message from BettyD

Hello Mervyn,

Thank you for your email on Henry Richmond. I have been researching my Wife’s family of Richmond in Cornadaragh since 2017

She is a direct decendent of Jane Richmond, born 1831 ?  Baptised 1831 in Cornadaragh.  According to my research there were 2 families of Richmond in Cornadaragh in the early 1800’s.  One was Abraham Richmond and his wife Elizabeth & the other was John Richmond and his wife Sarah. I have been able to trace7 children to John and Sarah ( see attachment) but there could be others as there is a gap between William and John.   I have also traced Abraham and Elizabeth’s children.  I cannot find any records of John and Abraham’s parents.

If you are able to help me fill in any gaps I would really appreciate it.
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mervyn Richmond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 13:10 GMT (UK) »
hello betty
My great grandfather was son of John Richmond.Sorry I can not open attachment maybe you could
Ihave never heard of Abraham Richmond .I would think they were all the one at one time.There is one hundred years missing from first Richmond came in1600

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Please do not post your email on the forum Mervyn, this is how spammer pick up on your details. I have messaged "betty" with some advice on how to post replies to you - I think they may have forgotten their log in details.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BettyD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 February 19 04:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mervyn, According to the Tithe Applotment Books 1823-1837 Abraham Richmond was in cornadarra Lanesborough in 1829. His wife's name was Elizabeth.  They had several children. John born 1805, Abraham born 1807, Robert born 1811, Matilda born 1815, Elizabeth born1819, Anne born 1822, This Family is not directly connected to my wife's so I did not bother to follow it any further.
   In the 1901 Census there were 4 houses in Cornadarra 3of them were occupied by Richmonds & the other by Mortons. Richmond (Christian name ) Morton had married into the Richmond family.
                     Hope this finds you well.  BettyD ( Graham )