Author Topic: Records held PRO Belfast re Charters Family  (Read 11151 times)

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Records held PRO Belfast re Charters Family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 09 February 07 07:32 GMT (UK) »
I will dig it out later today. I am aware now that your Charters' moved in higher circles than mine but my John Charters may have been born the wrong side of the blanket as it were. Which fact would not go down well with his descendants living in Belfast now!!
McGrath; Charters; Fenner; O'Hara; Carleton; Sloan; Tobergill Street; Cambria Street; Ghent Street

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 February 07 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Bob.
There are often surprises in families and I am sure we didn't miss out.My line proved to be just ordinary people as usually is the case.We take the good with the bad.
Thank you for being so helpful.
I have lots on the family but no sign of your bloke.
I am still trying to fill in gaps.
Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 February 07 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Bob
You were going to look out an article regarding Mrs Charters having a boy on a ferry.I did not know about the other child.
I have George Washington Charters marrying Mary Anne Coates 17.6.1858 Belfast.
Any further information greatly appreciated.
Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 February 07 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lazarus. Really sorry about the delay. I have tracked down the clipping again and have attached it. The clipping is dated August 1856.  I got the whole thing from a download called Belfast Timeline ?
McGrath; Charters; Fenner; O'Hara; Carleton; Sloan; Tobergill Street; Cambria Street; Ghent Street

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 17 February 07 12:11 GMT (UK) »
This time?

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 17 February 07 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Bob.How did you ascertain that the boy was a son of George Washington Charters and named John? I have a son of GWC and Mary Anne Coates named John born 1861.Very interesting.
Rex

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 17 February 07 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lazarus. I don't know who the father was or the name of the child. All I did was scan through the timeline pages looking for familiar names. Charters is one of those names and I found it interesting enough to pull it out and save in case I can find a link for me sometime in the future
That's all.
I have that son of GHC and Mary Anne born on 8th May 1860
I have also saved all of my Charters data onto an Excel spreadsheet if you would like it

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 17 February 07 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Bob.
The spread sheet might be helpful.I might see something which I can connect to and help you.
Rex

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 17 February 07 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Can you tell me how to send a spreadsheet by this means or I can send it to you as an att on an email