Author Topic: Pullen's of Dublin  (Read 9014 times)

Offline Aussie_trekkie

• RootsChat Member
  • Kevin Martin Irish Olympic Team 1948 &1952
    • View Profile
Re: Pullen's of Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 April 09 15:58 BST (UK) »
 I used to live in 119 Ringsend Park and my Mother was born in 134.
The Pullens lived across the road and I think one of her Aunts was a Mrs Pullen and he cousin was a Mary Pullen but Iam not sure if her Aunt was related to the Pullen who live acrossed the road. When I was a child I can remember Mary , Margaret and Richard Pullen. Richard died in the mid 70's. I am not sure what happened to the rest of the family but the local church of St Particks Ringsend would be where the baptisims and marriages  are recorded.  Good Luck
Martin-O'Byrne- Hayes-Rohan-O,Brien-Cullen,Flood-Kavanagh-Thompson-McFee-Brazil-Mitchell

Offline DIRGE

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 January 12 19:37 GMT (UK) »
There was Pullens in the Ringsend-Irishtown area of Dublin and go way back to at least 1800's there is a Pullens gravestone I believe in St. Mathews protestant Church in the small graveyard, The best advice would be to go on to the web go onto irishgeneology.ie in the search type in Pullen and location Ringsend or Irishtown you will get quite a few Pullens mostly from St Mathews Church records best of luck.
ps If the name pullen comes from the UK and they were fishermen there was a group fishermen that were called the Torbay Fishermen of Brixham that settled in Ringsend in the early 1800s

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi mandilou66,

We are aware that you are trying to retrieve a new password, but sadly the email address that we have for you is not working. Please click on "contact support" button for some help.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 2blogged

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 December 15 01:58 GMT (UK) »
This was my Grandfathers family from Ringsend. My grandfather was Christopher and I remember my aunt Margaret and uncle Raymond well. There were more brothers as well whom would have been less known to me. One brother you're missing was William who moved to the UK (I thought Birmingham as well). The family were indeed fishermen and dockers. They fished for Salmon in the liffey when the liffey had fish in it. My grandfather died about 10 years ago aged 84.

My own father is also Christopher as well and his siblings are: John, Robert, Thomas, Richard, William, Margaret, Mary and Lena. Margaret had moved to Liverpool and unfortunately past away some years ago.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 16 December 16 15:20 GMT (UK) »

Offline Alx_Murph

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 March 21 20:38 GMT (UK) »
This was my Grandfathers family from Ringsend. My grandfather was Christopher and I remember my aunt Margaret and uncle Raymond well. There were more brothers as well whom would have been less known to me. One brother you're missing was William who moved to the UK (I thought Birmingham as well). The family were indeed fishermen and dockers. They fished for Salmon in the liffey when the liffey had fish in it. My grandfather died about 10 years ago aged 84.

My own father is also Christopher as well and his siblings are: John, Robert, Thomas, Richard, William, Margaret, Mary and Lena. Margaret had moved to Liverpool and unfortunately past away some years ago.

I know this is from 6 years ago, but giving it a try. I'm currently researching this family at the moment and would love to chat and work through the correct siblings and where some of them ended up. Please write back here if you read this.