Author Topic: YOULES Family  (Read 11118 times)

Offline tobin

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: YOULES Family
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 June 09 21:16 BST (UK) »
your post was from two years ago but i came across it on my search through the internet..i have samuel youles and emma speechley in my family tree...my grandmother is a speechley so i am tracing that side of the family,i still live in whittlesey and i know there is still youles living there today.
hall,bowey,turnbull,danby -northumberland
speechley,lakey,ayres,anker,bedford -cambs and huntingdon
warrener and cope -nottingham

Offline scriv2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 June 09 08:16 BST (UK) »
Hi....

Just to say that there are several Youle(s) from Cambs and Hunts  featuring in family trees on www.rootsweb.com .....

Are they of any use to you all?
Names :Scriven, Parlour, Vaughan, Pember,Price, Thompson, Rennie/Roney, Hannon,Taylor,Pitt,Brice

Places: Alveley, Bewdley, Rock, Dukinfield, Manchester,Limerick, Bishopstone/Dilwyn, Swarraton,Alverstoke, Middlesex

Offline strawberryangel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 January 11 20:45 GMT (UK) »
hi im also a youles from whittlesey looking for relatives hoping to try and find someone realated to me and my family

Offline Agatha R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 09:45 BST (UK) »
My family come from the North Witchford area and alot of them are buried in Benwick churchyard, and I have noticed many Youles graves there.

Offline strawberryangel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 April 11 15:17 BST (UK) »
hi my uncle was Samuel youles died before i was born my father kenneth youles was his brother any relation???
my nans maiden name is butler married name Ellington any feed back would be much appreciated many thanx

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
  • My grandad Harry Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 10 November 11 12:46 GMT (UK) »
While I was looking for information for my sister I came across a Sarah Youles born abt 1855 in Thorney Cambs. She married a William H Gotobed in 1883 in the North Witchford district. William was a butcher. They lived in Somersham Huntingdon St Ives. Their second son had the names Youles for his middle name.
JACKSON OF SUFFOLK, REYNOLDS OF CAMBRIDGE, PILCHER OF KENT, GOSTICK OF BEDFORDSHIRE AND LINCS, UNWIN OF ESSEX AND CAMBRIDGE, PRIME OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WARD OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WOLFE OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE

Offline truetan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 16 April 12 16:33 BST (UK) »
hi there

my maiden name is Youles my dad was Kenneth Alfred he had a twin sister called Christine they was born in 1943 they had 2 brothers called Raymond and Billy and a sister called Rose his dad was Samuel Youles as far as i no they was all born in Whittlesey if anyone can help with any other information please let me know

many thanks ;D ;D

Offline drummondii

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 25 November 18 10:55 GMT (UK) »
While I was looking for information for my sister I came across a Sarah Youles born abt 1855 in Thorney Cambs. She married a William H Gotobed in 1883 in the North Witchford district. William was a butcher. They lived in Somersham Huntingdon St Ives. Their second son had the names Youles for his middle name.
The second son referred to was probably Herbert Youles Gotobed, he moved to Liverpool to take over the business of Woodruff & Parren Ltd a wholesale fruit merchant in Liverpool’s North Market. He changed his name to Godbert. He became a President of the Liverpool Fruit Trade, he had two sons one of whom was killed in WW2.
I worked for this company 1959/66. I’m interested if anyone has in any further information on H Y Gotobed, likewise I can provide more about him.