Author Topic: Taylors of Latheron  (Read 2119 times)

Offline djcrtoye

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Taylors of Latheron
« on: Sunday 07 January 07 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Could any body help me I am looking for Alexander Taylor's birth and his wifes name.  He had a son called Robert who was born about 1796 in Latheron.  I have tried IGI and the moment can't access SP.  So any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Toy lanarkshire
Quinn ireland/lanarkshire

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Taylors of Latheron
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 January 07 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Robert son's christening, an actual extract from the OPRs on IGI: 28 FEB 1796    Latheron, Caithness, Scotland. Unfortunately, only father, Alexander's name was included in the Register.

There are a number of births and marriages showing for Alexander Taylors on IGI/SP. Hard to say though whether they relate to Robert's father.  It would  be better if you worked back from son Robert's DC (or at least names of his children if he followed Scottish naming pattern) to try and get initial verification.

Pure speculation, there is a marriage between an Alexander and a Christ. Miller (as indexed) in 1791 in Latheron. Closest match for Robert's birth in 1795/6. Also from the daughters born to Robert and Helen, one of the first born was also called Christian (Christina)

I can see Robert's children from his marriage to Helen Sinclair on IGI, and the census entries between 1841-61 for the family (do you have these?). Robert did live past the start of official reg in Scotland, so assuming he remained there, you should be able to view his DC on SP for full verification.

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline djcrtoye

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 January 07 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Monica I have all that line because it is my mums relations.  I was trying to go beyond that generation to see where they initially came from.  Thanks again.
Toy lanarkshire
Quinn ireland/lanarkshire

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 January 07 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Have you managed to find Robert's DC?

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk