Author Topic: Searching for info...  (Read 6943 times)

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for info...
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cat,

Then here is the whole family!

Name TRUELOVE, 
Vessel RIMUTAKA: Departed:SOUTHAMPTON Arrived:AUCKLAND 14 Feb 1921 
Notes Female. Title: MRS. Age: 38. Occupation: HWIFE. Place of birth: ENGLAND. 
Source Archives NZ reference: BBAO 5552/8a page: 159

I have no idea what her name is!  But it was either Emily Grace E Axcell or Catherine Mary Turner as I will explain later on.

~~~~~~~~
 [2 of 9] 
Name TRUELOVE, F J 
Notes Male. Title: MR. Age: 13. Occupation: SCHOLAR. Place of birth: ENGLAND. 

I believe this child is Francis Norman Joseph and he was born in the March quarter of 1907 in the district of Greenwich, vol 1d, Page 1039.
~~~~~~~~
 [3 of 9] 
Name TRUELOVE, J 
Notes Male. Title: MR. Age: 17. Occupation: CARPENTER. Place of birth: ENGLAND. 

This child is either John, Jack of Joseph Edward but I don't know which one.

~~~~~~~~
 [4 of 9] 
Name TRUELOVE, J 
Vessel RIMUTAKA: Arrived:AUCKLAND 14 Feb 1921 
Notes Male. Age: 17. 
Source Archives NZ reference: BBAO 5552/8a page: 163 

This is the same person as above - just that they would have been transferred to the Single Male part of the shipping list as well as appearing with the family at the front of the manifest.

~~~~~~~~
 [5 of 9] 
Name TRUELOVE, K 
Notes Female. Title: MISS. Age: 10. Occupation: SCHOLAR. Place of birth: ENGLAND. 

This is possible Katherine I who was born in the December quarter of 1911 in the district of Eastry in Kent, Vol 2a, page 1964.  But her mother is noted with the maiden name of Clowes.

~~~~~~~~
 [6 of 9] 
Name TRUELOVE, A M 
Notes Female. Title: MISS. Age: 8. Occupation: SCHOLAR. Place of birth: ENGLAND. 

FreeBMD hasn't gone this far for me to guess who this is.

~~~~~~~~
 [7 of 9] 
Name TRUELOVE, M 
Notes Female. Title: MISS. Age: 15. Occupation: SCHOLAR. Place of birth: ENGLAND. 

This is Muriel Elizabeth as has been previously determined.
~~~~~~~~
 [8 of 9] 
Name TRUELOVE, N 
Notes Male. Title: MR. Age: 38. Occupation: CARPENTER. Place of birth: ENGLAND. 

Here is Dad.  He comes with two names.  If correct he was birth registered as Francis Norman in the September quarter of 1882 in the district of Camberwell, Vol 1d, page 854.  Based on his 17 year old son I guessed the marriage would have been not too far from that and found one for Norman Frank Truelove in the June quarter of 1902 to either Catherine or Emily in the district of Woolwich, vol 1d, page 1789.  It is quite possibly the same person who just fiddled around with his name. 

~~~~~~~~
 [9 of 9] 
Name TRUELOVE, N 
Notes Female. Title: MISS. Age: 11. Occupation: SCHOLAR. Place of birth: ENGLAND. 

This is possibly Nora Millicent who was born in the March quarter of 1909 in the district of Greenwich, Vol 1d, Page 1043.

Please bear in mind that this is an enormous pile of quantum leaping based on vague date boundaries.  The family appear to come from around the Greater London area and moved around a lot.  They would appear on the 1911 census....when it bothers to come out!!!  You should see if you can find Norman on the 1901 census with his various name combinations based on his 'birthdate'.

Maybe some NZ marriages exist for the rest of the family?  There must be so much more out there still to find.  Has not been as easy to come up with possibilities for the Fosters but I'm working on it very slowly.  Hope you don't mind the theorising - plenty for you to get stuck into anyway.

Cheers

Bunny 8)
Finey - Hants, Sussex, Portsmouth area
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
Bourdot - N.Ireland/France
McKinley - N.Ireland
Quelch - Northamptonshire

Offline DelBoy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Kiwi Born n' Bred
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 21:04 GMT (UK) »

Hi there,

All TRULOVE Marriages 1836-1956

Year   1933
Folio   06501
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Alice Nellie
Sex   F
Spouse   MARTIN, Bert

Year   1935
Folio   06741
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Cathlene Lucie
Sex   F
Spouse   HAVILL, George

Remarriage below:      

Year   1953
Folio   00214
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Cathleen Lucie
Sex   F
Spouse   SPURGEON, Charles Gerald

Year   1929
Folio   01727
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Francis Joseph Norman
Sex   M
Spouse   NICOL, Thelma Doreen

Year   1940
Folio   05743
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Henry Reginald
Sex   M
Spouse   TRIPP, Lucy Gertrude

Year   1929
Folio   08627
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Jack Raymond
Sex   M
Spouse   MONK, Ruth Jane

Year   1924
Folio   01203
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Marjorie
Sex   F
Spouse   HOWARD, Edward Henry Page

Year   1942
Folio   10158
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Muriel Elizabeth
Sex   F
Spouse   CARLTON, Alan Durwood

Year   1935
Folio   05456
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Norah Millicent
Sex   F
Spouse   HALL, Kwok

Year   1948
Folio   07650
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Peggy Doreen
Sex   F
Spouse   THORNE, William

Year   1950
Folio   13448
Surname   TRUELOVE
Given Names   Rolf George Hargreave
Sex   M
Spouse   HULSE, Mabel Grace
NB: Index also has grooms spelling as TRUCLOVE   

Some of these par up with " Bunny" Quantum leap, lol

I would also suggest you check Nz Archives, for females married names, you then may be able to order probates, and trace burials, who is buried with whom etc.

NZ Archives: http://www.archway.archives.govt.nz/CallSimpleSearch.do

All Trulove returns/via archway search

Hamilton probates - annual number sequence

TRUELOVE Francis Joseph N - Hamilton - Retired Farmer  >>   1981 1981

TRUELOVE Thelma Doreen - Hamilton - Married Woman  >>   1967 1967

Hamilton Cemetery   
http://web.hcc.govt.nz/jsplive/assure32_det.jsp

Cheers
Del   

Saunders/Sanders,Owen,Owens,Darrach,Wilson, Cardon,Gurney,Edwards, Holmes,Smith, Ohlson,Homewood,Shaw,Semple,Merrill,Smithyman,McCallum,Winslade,Morton,Hill,Donahoe,Inglis, Moore, Morgan, Lawrence/Laurence, Owen, Owens, Skelton,Steele, Caldwell, Wood, Parish,Read,Donaldson, Hill,Farren,Carnley, Bradford, Dugard, Lindsell, Restall, Plus many many more surnames, varied countries

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Way to go Del!!! :D

That helps determine that the other boy in the family was Jack Raymond Truelove and he was birth registered in the December quarter of 1903 in the district of Lambeth (London basically), vol 1d, page 457.

Based on Del's work there is a birth registration for a (wait for it) Gollie Kathleen L Truelove in the March quarter of 1910 in the district of Greenwich, vol 1d, page 986 which may be the Cathleen Lucie noted in the marriages.  I'd probably not refer to myself as Gollie either....maybe she picked up the habit from her father! ;D

There is always the very vague possibility that A M Truelove who arrived in Auckland is the Alice Nellie Truelove that married.  Transcription may have been off????

We march on!

Cheers

Bunny 8)
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
McKinley - N.Ireland

Offline C_Bishop

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 2x Gt Grandmother, Catherine M Turner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Oh my god, you guys are fantastic! My head is whirling with all this new info!
I will follow your advice with the nzarchives.

I started out with just a pic of Muriel, i had no communication with my father until last week and he doesn't seem to know much about that side so this is  huge help.  :-* Thanks.

I may have some info on the Foster side coming as i have just made contact with my grandmother, hopefully she will be able to shed some light on this yet my relationship with her is very new (no contact since i was um..1  :)) so i'll see.

Thank you for all the time and effort you guys have put into this, i appreciate it so much!

Thanks, Cat
Bishop:  Sussex, New Zealand<br />Henwood:  England<br />Harris: London; Smith, Leicestershire <br />Chandler: Sussex<br />Truelove: Surrey, New Zealand<br />Blackburn: Lancashire<br />Carlton: Australia, NZ, Bristol, Ireland <br />Foster:NZ, Queensland, Yorkshire,<br />Marshall: Yorkshire, Lancashire <br />Cannon:Ireland to NZ<br />Turner:England<br />Farquharson: Scotland, Australia<br />Durward: Scotland<br <br />Johnston: Australia, Cumberland, Dumfries <br />Gearon: Ireland,NZ

Offline C_Bishop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 26 January 07 01:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I checked the 1901 census for Francis N Truelove and found Frank Truelove, the only possiblility, born abt 1881 in Brighton, Sussex. Living in Fulham, London. His father was Benjamin Truelove. A widow. Sounds right to me. Thanks for help on this Bunny and Delboy.
 ;D will keep looking,

Cat.
Bishop:  Sussex, New Zealand<br />Henwood:  England<br />Harris: London; Smith, Leicestershire <br />Chandler: Sussex<br />Truelove: Surrey, New Zealand<br />Blackburn: Lancashire<br />Carlton: Australia, NZ, Bristol, Ireland <br />Foster:NZ, Queensland, Yorkshire,<br />Marshall: Yorkshire, Lancashire <br />Cannon:Ireland to NZ<br />Turner:England<br />Farquharson: Scotland, Australia<br />Durward: Scotland<br <br />Johnston: Australia, Cumberland, Dumfries <br />Gearon: Ireland,NZ

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 26 January 07 01:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cat,

And still more progress!

Karori Cemetery, Wellington, NZ record:
Area 12, Block BF, Row 19, Plot 010

Francis Norman Truelove  26 June 1964
Philip Truelove 1 April 1941
also our Mum Catherine Mary 5 Feb 1966

This means that Francis/Frank/Norman (whichever name he wanted) married Catherine Mary Turner as I noted in that huge previous post with the whole family.

Cat - don't forget to search in the census for the other name combo's like Norman Truelove.  And try for Trulove as well.  You could be right as birth registrations didn't mean the baby was actually born where registered - they had three months to do it after all.   But good work, you! ;)

Since there is no record of Philip in the family he may have been a late-in-life NZ baby for them or is a grandchild of theirs.  So now we have some family in the Hamilton area, and some in the Wellington area.

Cheers

Bunny 8)
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
McKinley - N.Ireland

Offline C_Bishop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 26 January 07 06:18 GMT (UK) »
Well this has triggered my dads memory and Francis definitely married Catherine. He thinks he may even have birth cert for Francis, which means he probably has alot of other things as well! And i'm on the right track with the census's so far Francis was a bricklayer, as well as father etc.
He also has the ship papers for the family, it cost them 5pounds&6shillings for the whole family.
So all he needed was a little nudge to get the memory working!
Francis actually built chimneys at Cross Creek near Featherston.
Oh and he has a photo of Catherine when she was 18! He is getting me a copy. Thank you Bunny and Delboy for the help, if not for you Dad may never have remembered all this! (or at least thought to share the info!)
Thank you!!
Cat.

Online Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 26 January 07 06:46 GMT (UK) »
Cat

Thelma Doreen TRUELOVE buried Ngauruawahia 1967 aged 59
Henry Reginald TRUELOVE buried Hautapu, Cambridge 1946 aged 42

From NZ Burial Locator

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 26 January 07 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cat,

Well there's some good news for you then! ;D  So pleased that we've managed to unlock your Dad's memory.  Now run like the wind and clean out your father's house!  This minute!  Raid it for all information you can get your hands on! ;D ;D

Ah, the blessings of the genealogy juggernaut as it steamrolls through families..... ;)

Now where are those blinking Fosters!!!!!

Anytime you need help, just holler!

Cheers

Bunny 8)
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
McKinley - N.Ireland