Author Topic: 1889 arrival in Canada  (Read 10216 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1889 arrival in Canada
« Reply #27 on: Friday 20 May 11 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi there.

Did you ever find the death of James? In case not, familysearch.org now has Massachusetts Deaths, 1841-1915 wherein I found a 1914 death for a James Adam with father James Adam and mother Janet Galt, age 48, b. Scotland .... image is available. Also says he was a Civil Engineer. Given the 'Galt' mmn I wondered if he might be your James?

Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline yn9man

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1889 arrival in Canada
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 09 June 11 14:40 BST (UK) »
polarbear -

Yes ... but or however, it took the resources of several people on Rootschat to solve the mystery.  He died in 1914 in Somerville,  MA (as you found) and is/was buried in Everett, MA. 

I was able to contact the cemetery in Everett and confirmed he was buried there ... along with his adopted daughter.

Now trying to find information why and when they left Scotland , the ship they departed on and why to Canada?  The search continues ... 

Thanks again for your help

yn9man

Scotland - Adam, Galt/Gault, Mellis, Jardine, Turnbull, Robertson, Auchincloss, Murray, Allison/Allason, Mitchell, Cross, Rae, Brown, McHutcheon, Montgomerie, McKenzie, Mackay, McPherson, McInish

England - Saunders/Sanders, Jory/Jorie/Jura, McKey, Williams/ Wyllams,  Lance, Ellis, Trounson, Dingle, Charlton, Hambridge, Sweetman/Sweatman, Ricks/Rix/Reeks, Cole, Shearwood/Sherwood, Toy, Brooks, Moore, Donn, Nicolas, Habberfield,

Denmark - Alling/Aalling, Lastein, Lund, Rasmussen