Author Topic: Death in the White Horse Pit!!  (Read 7615 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the White Horse Pit!!
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 28 January 21 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marie,

My apologies for my non response until now. The major reason being that my PC died on me which left me offline for quite some time. Was unable to do anything about it until fairly recently due to financial constraints. Even now I'm only using a laptop but it is better than nothing!

A very belated welcome to RootsChat as well.

Unfortunately I have since discovered that the Joseph Parker who died in the White House Pit is in fact not the correct Joseph. This Joseph was 27 at the time of death (from the GRO Index), therefore born 1816/17.

The right Joseph (my gt gt grandfathers brother) actually died the previous year in 1843, registered in the September quarter. My Joseph was born in 1823 and the age at death of this Joseph was 21 (GRO index again).

Apologies again for the delayed response.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)