Author Topic: ryalls/hurn/ Davis  (Read 20155 times)

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ryalls/hurn/ Davis
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 01 August 13 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hello I'm researching my family tree and I'm the great great granddaughter of Nepolian son of eliace Gray and Amelia hurn my grandmother was called Amelia Gray I don't know much but remembered the name Nepolian my granny's mother was Sally smith his second marriage they had children Jane , Amelia (my granny ) violet , Richard / dick eliace /kite and rennie and subey xx

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 01 August 13 21:35 BST (UK) »
Oh I should add, with regard to the name change from Ryles to Heron/Hearn - the Heron family were considered a very important romany bloodline, so a marriage into a "lesser" romany family, or even gorjo blood, would often lead to using the maiden name of the wife. Avoidance of the laws of the land would also lead to name changes of course!

This family are notoriously hard to trace - for instance, Amelia, sister of Triante, married Elias Gray. They appear on the 1891 census at Rushall, Staffordshire, as "William Gray and Amelia" - but it IS them.
hello Amelia and eliace are  my great great grandparents I don't know much about them really they had a son Neapolian I think he was the only son I'm not sure ? A daughter Mary I think Matilda , and I think 2 more daughters I will find out for sure Neapolian was my great grandfather he had 2 wives his first Jane smith his second my great granny Sally smith his children Amelia ( my granny ) who married Tom Gallagher (my grandad) Jane who married William King ,Violet can't remember her husbands name ,suebey (unmarried) ,Alfred / dick who married Thelma smith (my mams sister ) Eliace who married Tutty knight and rennie I don't know who he married ?

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 25 November 13 19:19 GMT (UK) »
I did a fair bit of tracing on the Heron line cos my romanies were Grays and Smiths of Lincs and they did a lot of intermarrying with the Herons etc. So I have a fair bit on this family....

According to the Heron Pedigree
Edward (Snr) Heron was the son of Richard Heron and Devit "Bonny" which I cant prove.
He was reputedly born about 1795 in Cambridgeshire, which fits, but it does remain unproven. His reputed siblings were:

Solivaino (married Wesson Heron)
Robert "The Lame Man" (unmarried)
Lusha (married Sarah Boss daughter of Leshi and Seni) who was transported.
Sarah (married John Buckland)
Reynolds (married Martha "Peggy" Boss"
Sophia (married Seki Boswell)
William "The Handsome Man" (married 1)Mary and 2)Polovene)
Edward "Naibai" Heron (married 1) Siberensi "Greenleaf" or "Kidney" Buckland 2) Sinfai Buckland 3)Rachel Lee)
and Rachel "Sibereti" "Fat Girl" (Married John/Jack Baker or Brown)
Using the IGI (www.familysearch.org) and Ancestry.coms census info, Ive managed to find children of Reynolds and Martha "Peggy" Boss and the family of Rachel and John/Jack Baker or Brown that fit this timeframe.

Moving on to Edwards family:

Reputedly of Edward and Siberensi Buckland:
Manful (Married Stari Boss)
Edmund (married 1)Christiana Smith married 2)Jemima Smith married 3) Anis Smith)
Humphrey
Proven of Edward and Siberensi:
Eldenham Heron c.1813 Easton Warwickshire.

Reputedly of Edward and Sinfai Buckland:
Reynolds c.1819 Moulton Lincs
Joshu
Tudlin
Gui
Isaac c.1824 Sutterton Lincs (married Sinfai Gray d/o Oseri) d.1911 Sutton on Trent and reputedly buried Crossgates, Leeds, Yorks.

It has only JUST occurred to me that Eldenham Heron bapt 1813 EASTON Warwicks is probably actually the younger Edward....!!!

onto that younger Edward.....

according to the census born cir 1816-21 EASTON ....
married 1) Christiana Smith
married 2) Jemima Smith 23.11.1846 Thurning Nthants
married 2) Anis Smith

They had:
Sage or Sagey c.16.04.1836 Boughton Nthants (wrongly on IGI as "Loye"
married Righteous Gray in 1854. Lived at Kingsthorpe Nthants.

Amelia b.cir 1845 Haddington Nthants married Elias Gray b.cir 1844 Abbots Rippon Hunts

Tilda (Matilda) b.cir 1846 Nthants married Sam Heron (bcir 1840 Wyndham Nfk, son of Naibai and Rachel)

Caleb b.cir1848 Leighton Hunts married Dona Lee (Madona)
moved to Wales.

Manville b.cir1859 bapt xmas day 1866 West Brom married (unknown) moved to Wales

Triante b.cir 1855 Peterborough Nthants married John Ryles
Lurena b.cir 1856 Nthants bapt xmas day 1866 West Brom married Walter Ryles

Zepreta or Zipporeth

Urania

and finally, Stephen b.cir 1859 Ely Cam, married Ruth, the reputed son of Edward and this 3rd wife Anis.

Sagey and Righteous Gray had:
Alfred (1855) Samuel (1858) Nathan (1859) Edward (1862) and Emily (1866) all at Kingsthorpe.

Amelia and Elias Gray had:
Abigail b.cir 1867 Kingthorpe married Iza Heron s/o Isaac (in turn s/o Naibai)

Mary b.1869 Halesowen married Alfred Smith
Mizelli b.cir1871 Walsall Stf
"Poley" sunpoleon/sapolins b. circa 1876 Bloxwich STF
Matilda b.cir 1878 Walsall STF married Tom Winter.
 Poley was my great grandfather my granny was his daughter Amelia Gray I found it very conflicting because it says eliace he was the son of Bethany and William Gray / James mobs but I've been told he was the son of Sophia and eliace Gray ?
Mary and Alfred Smith had:
Abigail 1896 Erdington Warwicks, Azella 1897 Bentley Stf
Coralie cir 1900 Stirchley Warwicks, Horace 1893 Radcliffe Lan, and Roland cir 1889 Hay Mills, Warwicks.

Caleb and Dona Lee had:
Janus, Reynolds, Caleb, Downi, and Aylwin (reputedly)
Evergreen, probably really Greenwed bcir 1890
Ethelenda b.cir1896 Hemel Hempstead district (gro index)
and Edmund abt 1894 Cardiff Wales.

Manfield/Manville/Manful is known to have had:
Caleb 1884 Swansea Wales
and Elvira 1885 Swansea Wales

Zepreta b.circa 1851 Ringstead Nthants married Alice Smith nd had Madona 1856 Nthants and William b.1860 Ely Cam.

Urania b.cir 1855 Market Deeping Lincs (no other info)

hope all that makes sense.. yours Ann.