Author Topic: Amesbury baptisms  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
Amesbury baptisms
« on: Tuesday 16 January 07 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone point me in the right direction for baptisms in Amesbury c1800?
I am looking for members of the 'Waters' family Especially Henry bc1801. Possibly a James and Philip also.

Many thanks

Penninah  ???
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nicky c

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Amesbury baptisms
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 January 07 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I living in salisbury which is a few miles away from Amesbury , can be of any help
                                 Nicky

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
Re: Amesbury baptisms
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 January 07 15:06 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for members of the 'Waters' family. I believe they were all Farmers of between 170 and 1690 acres. The 3 chaps plus 2 other possibles i have found where all born in Amesbury according to the 1851 census but there are no records for Amesbury on the igi which is a shame. I am not sure there is much that you may be able to help me with perhaps a look around the churchyard  for stones if there are any. The 5 men in total i have all found had by the 51 moved to other places in Wiltshire- Robert to Boscombe, Henry to Titchfield, John to Wylye, James to Ludgershall(who was a Sawyer) and Phillip who was in the Army was a visitor on the census to Henry so perhaps a brother?? Are these places anywhere near Amesbury?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks

Penninah  :D
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright