Author Topic: Mt. Jerome Cemetery Graves  (Read 64936 times)

Offline Maystan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Mt. Jerome Cemetery Graves
« on: Tuesday 16 January 07 20:53 GMT (UK) »
I am also interested if anyone from Dublin City could take a photo of 3 family graves for me.

I could send a disposal camera, pay all costs for one's time in doing this for me or however it would be convenient. Or photos sent by email. A money order in advance could be sent for one's time.  If anyone is interested, I have the  exact grave numbers.     

I am from Canada so it is impossible for me to ever obtain these photos & would very much appreciate viewing them to add to my family genealogy book.   Thank you.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: Mt. Jerome Cemetery Graves
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 January 07 06:22 GMT (UK) »
I can do that for you once the evenings become brighter.

Email me.

Costs don't enter into it - if you have the exact grave reference it's an easy thing to do.

It's all karma.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline Maystan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 January 07 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you & much appreciated.  I have sent you an email. Awaiting your response.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 January 07 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Just taking the opportunity to say if there is anyone else would like a grave in Mount Jerome photographed, email me.

I need an exact reference though, I don't have time to be rummaging about.

I expect to do these for Maystan within the next two or three weeks, so contact me as soon as possible.
Trish
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 January 07 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Photographed and sent.

Offline Bridget x

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 25 January 07 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Well done Dub 1850.  That was a very kind act you did for that person in Canada.   "B"
Lalor/Lawlors in Co.Kilkenny
Hensey/Hennessy in Laois
Lawlors and Hennessy in Dublin

Offline Maystan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 25 January 07 22:49 GMT (UK) »
I am that person in Canada. She certainly is a very kind person to have taken the time to do this for me. Otherwise I would never have been able to obtain those pictures. Not too many people would have done what she did for me.

It was certainly appreciated & thanked through email.

Offline Bridget x

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 25 January 07 23:00 GMT (UK) »
I am really pleased you were able to get the pictures of the graves you wanted. I know it is not easy researching when one does not live in Ireland, like you, I don't live there.  I just thought it would ne nice to give a little pat on the back and say "Well done" as I know you yourself will have done.    Regards,  Bridget x
Lalor/Lawlors in Co.Kilkenny
Hensey/Hennessy in Laois
Lawlors and Hennessy in Dublin

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 29 January 07 08:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi dublin1850

I posted a request some time ago - so have taken the liberty of reposting here

I would really appreciate if sks who visits Mt Jerome Cemetery would be kind enough to photo a grave for me please.  I found the details among some old family papers of my husband's family and the script is hard to read.

Burials Mount Jerome Cemetery, Dublin

Harriett KELLY died 18 Dec 1846 aged 61 years of ?Gibralton Cottage, ?Kingstown  [difficult to decipher]

Thomas KELLY  died 26 Dec 1871 aged 64 years of 3 Rathmines Road, Dublin

Ellen KELLY died 27 Oct 1873 aged 52 years of 4 Cheltenham Place, Rathmines

The above are all interred in grave 111/973

I don't know if their brother William is in this grave

William Philip Francis KELLY died 5 Jan 1881 aged 77 years of Farnham House, Finglas.

I am so excited at finding the details of my husband's gggg grandfather's brothers and sisters.  Would love to visit and do the photography but a bit far from inland Australia  :)

I hope you are able to help me :)

Cheers for now
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk