Author Topic: Newry Newspapers 1872  (Read 14394 times)

Offline Heather46

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Newry Newspapers 1872
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 May 07 04:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks to everyone who made helpful suggestions re Thomas Gordon and sent interesting information.  I am new to this site and still finding my way around.

Best Wishes,
Heather.

Offline nannamilli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 February 11 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello there,

If you contact me direct I can forward to you a complete Gordon Family History that was given to my late father by a descendant of the Gordon family of Sheepbridge.
At the time my father was trying to establish a link between the Gordon family and his maternal CALDWELL line.
I have since disproved any link apart from the fact that Thomas Caldwell was a tenant farmer on the Sheepbridge estate, but I do have this Family History of the Sheepbridge Gordons that may be of interest to you.
I would need a physical address to forward it to.
My email is (*).

Regards,

Judy

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Marq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 June 11 07:11 BST (UK) »
hi judy,,, I am not re-searching anything, just happened to google albert walter bellingham, came accross nannamilli family tree and then to your name. my name is marq(k) bellingham of st.andrews, victoria australia, ,  I am interested in a website that has my grandfather and uncle listed, who are you?

Offline nannamilli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 June 11 00:35 BST (UK) »
My G.G. Grandmother was Ann Maria Cleaves - one of her sisters Martha Cleaves married Walter Bellingham. I have photos of Martha Cleaves and Blanche Bellingham. The website I think that you are referring to (tribalpages) has photos plus my direct email and to access that website you will need to remember that I live in Maryborough.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Judy

Offline originQuest

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 June 11 01:09 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I am a descendant of a Gordon Family from County Down and I wonder if we have connection.

My ancestor was James Gordon, born c. 1834 to John Gordon and Mary Burns.

Does this ring any bells?  John Gordon was a labourer and moved to Lanarkshire, Scotland in the mid 1850s.

Thank you,

Peter Gordon

Offline Marq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 June 11 01:47 BST (UK) »
hello peter,,,

those names are not on my chart at the moment, but I have not been at this for long,,, I will keep your mail and contact you should things change, thanx marq bellingham

Offline Marq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 02 June 11 01:52 BST (UK) »
hello judy, I am very interested in hearing from you and looking at your material!!

Offline lynnettediaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 10 May 15 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have an ancestor Thomas Gordon who was killed in an accident in New Zealand on 10 February 187. He had emigrated  from Northern Ireland to Australia with his brother William in the 1830's. His parents were Thomas Gordon and Jane Martin and his father was a farmer.

We have fund it difficult to trace him. When he died, his death notice in New Zealand says Newry papers please copy. What I want to know is: Are these papers still available, how easy are they to access and are they likely to give us any further info.

Regards

Carawa    ???
[/Hi Carawa, Lynnette from New Zealand g g g grand daughter of Thomas Gordon who was raised by William Gordon who married Margaret Elderdice. Love to hear from you]

Offline lynnettediaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 11 May 15 02:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm from Auckland New Zealand. Great g g granddaughter of Thomas Gordon (b)1813.  I have the death cert for William Gordon (b) 1815, but has basic info.  Brothers married Sarah and Margaret Alderdice. I am trying to locate more info about Thomas and Jane (Martin) Gordon. Have attached a picture of James Alexander Gordon son of William (Red Jim) and a picture of James Alexander Gordon (called black Jim). Happy to email any info I have.   Cheers Lynnette