Author Topic: gwinnurth, gwinnett,gwinurt  (Read 2529 times)

Offline baronfrankenstein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
gwinnurth, gwinnett,gwinurt
« on: Saturday 20 November 04 21:06 GMT (UK) »
I have tried for some time now to find my Great Grandmother's birth. She is Elizabeth Gwinnurth on her marriage certificate. But other documents include the name Gwinnett, Gwinurt and even Gwinnwith.
She married Joseph Henry Wilson on 18 Nov 1896 in Hanley Staffs. On some documents it appears she was from Warrington and on others she states she was from Brierly Hill. Her father was William B:circa 1830 in Stourbridge. She was born around 1877, but once again it depends which documents you look at. She did eventually live in Mansfield Woodhouse, Notts and it was here that she died. I have found her marriage and also found her in Mansfield Woodhouse on the 1901 census, but cannot exactly pin down her birth. She had siblings name Enoch, Sarah, John and Matilda all born between 1870 and 1880. The spelling is a nightmare. Not sure if anyone can help but would be eternally grateful for any ideas.

Offline baronfrankenstein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: gwinnurth, gwinnett,gwinurt
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 November 04 12:46 GMT (UK) »
I have now made progress with this due to the wonderful Trish. They had even more spellings of their surname on documents, ultimately it was Givinett on the 1801 census and Gwinall on other documents. Anyway, superb work and response all round.

Thanks to evryone (especially Trish).

BF