Author Topic: Kent Registry Numbers  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Alex Walker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Kent Registry Numbers
« on: Sunday 28 January 07 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Would anyone know where SMILT/12 is on the Kent Registrations (Milton district)?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Alex
Kent - Aldington, Bredhurst, Chatham, Gillingham, Hollingbourne, Lynsted, Newington, Rainham, Ramsgate, Smeeth, Snodland, Stockbury, Teynham, Upchurch<br />Surrey - Croydon<br />Sussex - Hellingly, Limspfield<br />Names - Chambers, Flynn, Giblett, Hart, Hodgman, Goldsmith, Lacy, Tucker, Hales, Callaway, Hubbard, Mudge, Wills, Barnden

Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kent Registry Numbers
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 January 07 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alex

I think that it is either the Milton registry office or a non-conformist church/chapel within that district ....................... probably doesn't help much as the marriage is quite possibly only available via the registry office :-\

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alex Walker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 January 07 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I thought SMILT/1 was the reg office but that might be Sittingbourne.  It could be a registry office as I have a sneaking suspicion it was a second marriage for the groom and the first wife wasn't dead, so either that or at last I have a bigamist!!  I'll try and get the certificate but I can't find the GRO number yet.

Cheers

Alex
Kent - Aldington, Bredhurst, Chatham, Gillingham, Hollingbourne, Lynsted, Newington, Rainham, Ramsgate, Smeeth, Snodland, Stockbury, Teynham, Upchurch<br />Surrey - Croydon<br />Sussex - Hellingly, Limspfield<br />Names - Chambers, Flynn, Giblett, Hart, Hodgman, Goldsmith, Lacy, Tucker, Hales, Callaway, Hubbard, Mudge, Wills, Barnden

Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 January 07 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alex

The registry office for the Milton registration district probably was actually situated in Sittingbourne like the registry office for the Elham district was in Folkestone etc. ....................

Milton and Sittingbourne are one of those cases where you can be walking down the road, one minute you're in Milton and the next in Sittingbourne without even knowing it ............... if you didn't already know of course ;)

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alex Walker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 January 07 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

I've checked out SMILT/1 and that is the Reg Office apparently so if anyone knows of a church of somekind that might be SMILT/12 I'd be grateful.  I do know Sittingbourne and Milton and the lack of distance between the two, as an ex Sittingbourne Convent girl it was all rather close as I was growing up!

Cheers

Alex