Author Topic: Reaper and Mavor families from Banff  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Linton

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Reaper and Mavor families from Banff
« on: Sunday 21 November 04 13:11 GMT (UK) »
I am currently researching my family history and have come across the name Bathia Mavor who was my G.G.G. Grandmother. She married my G.G.G. Grandfather James Reaper on 12 Dec. 1813 in Gamrie in Banff.  As both names are unusual, I was wondering if anyone can help. I seem to have come up against a brick wall in the Old Parish Registers. They would have been born about 1793.
Any help would be appreciated.

Linton  :)
Gordon, Spence, Reaper, Mavor, Guthrie, Small, Nicoll, Lyell, Hepburn, Adamson, Stewart, Colquhoun, Allan, Edward, Thomson, Ogilvie, Taylor

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Reaper and Mavor families from Banff
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 January 05 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linton

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Linton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 January 05 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I've found what may have been their parents:-

James Reaper and Mary Thomson and James Maver and Helen Gordon, but I'm not 100% sure.

Linda
Gordon, Spence, Reaper, Mavor, Guthrie, Small, Nicoll, Lyell, Hepburn, Adamson, Stewart, Colquhoun, Allan, Edward, Thomson, Ogilvie, Taylor

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 January 05 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda

Thanks for the update.  Sounds like you're making some progress.

Have you used the Scotlands People Website in your search?

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Linton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 January 05 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ticker

I go into GRO once a month. I have also found some information on LDS. It's just a case of checking it and linking it up.

Who knows,maybe someday someone will see  my posts and realise that they have the info I need.

No! don't tell me I am dreaming.  >:( I already know this.

Linda

Offline geniemom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 09 October 12 05:09 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if you have made any headway on the Reaper family. I was trolling through and noted the Name and location.  My line comes from William brother to your James Reaper and Bethia Mauer.  I too have been stalled at the James Repper/Reaper and Mary Thomson marriage.  The church records the LDS filmed are pretty bad if I remember correctly.  Would love to connect with you, I don't have much, George was born 17 Aug 1777 in Grange and married Ann Mann in 1807, their son William (b.1807) married Margaret Fletcher in 1828 and their daughter Janet married into my Thomson line in Marnoch.  Still digging the families after 30+ years, but it's getting easier now that many more places are online.
Auchterlonie, Chaplain, Douglas, Duncan, Fletcher, Gilcrest, Gowans, Hepburn ,Jamison, Laidlaw, MacKellar, Reaper, Robertson, Robertson, Rollo, Scot, Simpson, Slater, Smith, Thomson,Wise,Wright

Offline Still Jane

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 15 September 18 19:44 BST (UK) »
My GGG grandparents were James Reaper and Bathia Mavor.  James lived from 1792-1855 and Bathia from 1790-1879.  Their daughter Barbara was my great grandfather's mother and per family history was a very poor fish wife in New Pitsligo.  The family tree is available on My Heritage with many other matches.