Author Topic: WHITELY  (Read 13409 times)

Offline joan ransom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WHITELY
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 December 10 10:30 GMT (UK) »
I have no information about your Whiteleys at Bolton in my research. There could be a connection but I am unaware of it. The trouble is that the spelling varies .
Seasons greetings
Joan.

Offline Mike Baldock

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 December 10 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Amongst your Whiteleys, is there a connection to Bolton area Isherwoods? I have a William Isherwood with a middle name of Whiteley, (presumably pre middle of 19th C connection from birthdate), and one or two Halifax area births?
acc to the IGI a John Whiteley m Jane Isherwood 14 April 1870 St, George, Bolton-Le-Moors, Lancashire, England

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 18 December 10 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Michael Baldock, I'd actually seen that IGI entry, but the use of Whiteley as a middle name with the surname Isherwood predates that date, in my line. Thanks a lot, though, for kindly taking the trouble to help.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline readworthy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 April 16 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hiya, I have a photo of a woman called Ada Whitley who was cousin to Elizabeth Anne Broadbent, the latter was my mum's great aunt.My mum's family lived in Diggle.  I'm wondering if the Ada is the Ada you mention born in 1899. My mum's great aunt was still alive in the 1920's so it might fit.