Author Topic: 1841 cen please  (Read 3924 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 cen please
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 February 07 22:26 GMT (UK) »
What's behind the 1856 cut off, was it Cecilia's marriage. Did she marry James Henderson in Fife that year?

The only potential death for mother Catherine (there's only one coming up) is in Bute in 1868 (age 72). If not that one, then she looks to have died pre 1855.....although there is always the possibility that she could have remarried and her name is showing under her maiden name and second married name on SP?

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Juelzee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 February 07 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Thats right. Cecelia married James Henderson in dunfermline and on the certificate it states that her parents are deceased.
I can not find any other sibling for cecelia and as she is with her uncle on the 51, with no sign of her mother I have to assume that her mother died 41 to 51 and her father before the 41 cen.  I too have checked out scotlands people for her death and came up with nothing.

Julie

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 February 07 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Agree   :)

The submitted entry for Catherine and James's marriage in 1830 would also make me think that they may have had other children who could also have died young. Hard to tell though, with all the mixed Hunter & Sharp relationships and households as to who is who and whether any could be a sibling to Cecilia.

Regards.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk