Author Topic: 1841-91 Lookups please Ipswich & Southwold VINYARD, HOGG, SAVAGE  (Read 4204 times)

Offline Colin Y

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Uncle Fred - England 1908 - POW 1914-19 - Bilbao
    • View Profile
Re: 1841-91 Lookups please Ipswich & Southwold VINYARD, HOGG, SAVAGE
« Reply #9 on: Friday 19 September 08 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hi

Sort of! There has been a 'marital contrtemps' in that family recently and I am letting their family history activity alone a bit... but if you have some new data for me I'd be glad to have it?

Colin
YARWOOD in Warks/Ches but also London, Northants, Lincs, USA and Australia.
PENTLAND in Warks/Staffs/Yorks, Arm IRL: Chch NZ post 1884 and SCO pre 1800.
COLLINS aka COLLERIN , GALLAGHER & COX [RC] Highgate, Small Heath, Birmingham 1840-, Mayo IRL bef.
FRYER/FRIAR Lurgan Armagh, Edin & Glasgow SCO
BROOKES WH & WFP RA WW1 & 2
NEWSON & 'WATTS' Felixstow SFK, NZ,
HORTON, Surgn  Warwicks. FORTESCUE
PARKER, Charles, 1800-1853 Milit.Ornament Manuf. Aston, Gravelly Hill, Birmingham,

Offline vinyard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 September 08 13:28 BST (UK) »
Don’t quite understand what you mean by “marital contretemps” in this case?

Anyway, the question where was Henry in the 1881 census?
Henry's full name was Henry Thomas Vinyard (as stated in one of his sons 2nd marriage); hence, I believe the Thomas Vinyard stated in the 1881 census was Henry.  The age matches exactly (40 years), and he only had one other brother, William.  Why was he not with his wife in the 1881 census, but at his mothers (Maria) home address at the Eagle Tavern?  There was a number of offenses Henry committed around the time (noted in the court/police book), would this be the reason, together with the use of Thomas instead of Henry.

Henry Vinyard had 13 children, 6 sons (including a Charles born 1872, marring Emmaline Elizabeth Hogg in Ipswich in 1897) and 7 daughters, all born in Ipswich between 1862 to 1884.  Henry's brother, William had 2 children, again born in Ipswich.

Much more info if required.

Regards

Offline Colin Y

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Uncle Fred - England 1908 - POW 1914-19 - Bilbao
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 September 08 18:35 BST (UK) »
Thats all very interesting and explains it beautifully. Thanks.

The 'family contretemps' is that the husband and wife - our friends  who are related to the Vineyards are currently not together!

Colin
YARWOOD in Warks/Ches but also London, Northants, Lincs, USA and Australia.
PENTLAND in Warks/Staffs/Yorks, Arm IRL: Chch NZ post 1884 and SCO pre 1800.
COLLINS aka COLLERIN , GALLAGHER & COX [RC] Highgate, Small Heath, Birmingham 1840-, Mayo IRL bef.
FRYER/FRIAR Lurgan Armagh, Edin & Glasgow SCO
BROOKES WH & WFP RA WW1 & 2
NEWSON & 'WATTS' Felixstow SFK, NZ,
HORTON, Surgn  Warwicks. FORTESCUE
PARKER, Charles, 1800-1853 Milit.Ornament Manuf. Aston, Gravelly Hill, Birmingham,

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 29 June 17 22:42 BST (UK) »
Hi ,are you still looking for more info on the Vinyards.I have been researching them for their ggg grandson and found out quite abit about the family,including Henry and Louisa.
Henrys father Charles is known as Wynyard on his birth ,marriage as is Henry on his birth.Charles parents Charles and Sarah also use Wynyard as well as Vinyard.
Henry and Louisa's marriage seems like a rocky one they separate on and off (from newspaper articles) and Henry does seem to like a fight as does Louisa and he is sent to the local gaol numerous times

Offline EJVinyard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello Littlesis 76, I am directly related to Henry Vinyard. We've also done quite a bit of research of the Vinyard family tree - would love to swap info with you.

Offline littlesis 76

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi I was doing the Vinyards last year for a relative if there's so my head is a bit hazey on them
I do know they were a very interesting bunch esp Henry and spent ages going through the newspapers as there was so much on him.
I am not sure what I could help you with but I am on Ancestry if you would like me to share the tree with you that's fine
Also there is a book you might of read it but it's called Rags and Bone by Frank Grace and it's all about the St Clemence area of Ipswich .
I read it many years ago and after researching it I had to get it again to see if the Vinyards were in there and they were ! Only a mention but no surprise with Henry's character :)

Offline EJVinyard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 18 January 18 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Thanks for replying, yes if you didn't mind sharing your tree that would be fantastic, thank you very much. You probably need the email address to do that? It's my partner's address: sjonesdesign@yahoo.co.uk

Funnily enough, the book you mentioned arrived today and I've been reading up about my great great grandad Henry (might not want to admit we're related lol). This is what sparked it off again (there's a post on this book in the Facebook group Ipswich Remembers). We've also found lots about Henry and Charles in the newspaper archives. Very interesting to say the least!

Happy to share anything we've found with your relative if they're still interested.

Thanks again re. the family tree, look forward to seeing what you've discovered!

Emma