Author Topic: Stockdale Family of East Markham  (Read 19383 times)

Offline titch277

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stockdale Family of East Markham
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 March 10 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sheep

Any pictures would really be great to see

I can give you details of address, will have to check back with my records

Titch xx

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 13 March 10 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sheepish ,would be grateful if you would post any Stockdale info from Retford branch RO (near the Crimea cannon) on this site. I think this would help us all.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 14 March 10 10:39 GMT (UK) »
 if you want any photos of properties in the village let me know and I will try my best.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline titch277

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 14 March 10 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi larkspur

Im not from the EM area, but was wondering do you know if there are any STOCKDALES buried in the local church?

Titch277

Offline sheepish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 14 March 10 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Have found a wedding photo of Dan walker and mary ellen stockdale. Will get my scanner sorted and get it uploaded when i can.
Dad: Lynn (Egmanton), Cupit (Egmanton), Otter (Rampton), Stacey (East Markham), Rawding (Newark), Savin (oxford)
Mum: Davies (Hereford/Wales) Blow (Lincoln), Challans (Coleby,Lincoln), Whitmore ( London: Balham, Wandsworth, Westminster etc) Mendoza (Madrid), Bennett ( London) , Bligh and Bond(Plymouth/London)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 15 March 10 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Will go and have a look for you titch, the stones are in a state though.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 15 March 10 16:03 GMT (UK) »
there are 11 Stockdale gravestones in EM churchyard. There may be others but a large amount of stones are totally unreadable and some have fallen on their faces. Some are fairly recent and so Iam not going to post up on the site, if you want copies get in touch and I can send you the pictures privately. The older ones are George Stockdale d 7th Oct 1889. And his wife Mary. Benjamin d Dec 18 1943 aged 83.And his wife Elizabeth. Charles Henry beloved son of George and Mary Stockdale, this one is very dirty and difficult to read. William Stockdale d feb 10 1976 aged 85 and his wife Jane.

Offline sheepish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 15 March 10 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Red,

Will do. Am going to use snail mail to send photos to Titch and hopefully she will upload them. I need to get a new scanner and learn to use it! Anything specific anyone wants me to look for at Retford?

Sheep
Dad: Lynn (Egmanton), Cupit (Egmanton), Otter (Rampton), Stacey (East Markham), Rawding (Newark), Savin (oxford)
Mum: Davies (Hereford/Wales) Blow (Lincoln), Challans (Coleby,Lincoln), Whitmore ( London: Balham, Wandsworth, Westminster etc) Mendoza (Madrid), Bennett ( London) , Bligh and Bond(Plymouth/London)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 15 March 10 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Firstly, get those email addresses off the postings before the moderators do it for you! I am surprised they have lasted this long, the purpose of the personal message is so we can avoid making our email addresses public to the whole world!
My main interests are in the death dates of Benjamin bc1750, together with the detail of his parents and his 9 children. I wonder whether East Markham has been included on the national burial index. Also exactly what is on the parish registers if copies are held at Retford sub record office.
According to the Phillimore Guide the Registers from 1561 to 1949 have been deposited at the record office, so it should be feasible to get back 140 years before the IGI which commences in 1703.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)