Author Topic: Montague Philadelphia  (Read 1202 times)

Offline rubyrose

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum - thanks to RC Restorers
    • View Profile
Montague Philadelphia
« on: Saturday 10 February 07 00:33 GMT (UK) »
POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG PLACE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO. HAVE NOW MOVED IT AND HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP WITH THE QUERY.

Hi All

Back in December I asked if you would be kind enough to look for my great great grandfather John Montague an actor who lived in America in the 1870s. I realise now that this was like asking you to find a needle in a haystack!

I now have another request, with better information. My aunty has told me that John's daughter Mabel, who may also have been known as Florence, was born in either 1872 or 1873 in Philadelphia. If it is not too much trouble, could some kind person please have a look to see if they can find her. Mabel may have had two other sisters, Lina and Gladys but I don't know whether they were born in Philadelphia or not. Mabel is in England for the 1901 census. I think John, her father, may have been born in Ireland.

Many thanks

Ruby
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BAKER - Lancashire, Cheshire, BUCHANAN - Glasgow, Lancashire, LAWRENCE - Jamaica, Lancashire, JONES - Shropshire, Lancashire, SHAWCROSS - Lancashire, India,  MONTAGU - Lancashire, America, MORRISON - Fife, Lancashire, SEDDON DUTTON HESKETH  - Lancashire, WHITEHEAD - Yorkshire, WIDDOWS - Ireland