Author Topic: Halpins in Westmeath  (Read 37246 times)

Offline Feichin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Halpins in Westmeath
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 16 September 17 17:00 BST (UK) »
Another headstone:

I was told the following about another headstone in the graveyard at the back of the parish church in Fore.

It reads Catherine Halpin, died 6/5/1880, aged 72,  Christopher Halpin, died 16/4/1890, aged 74 - then Bridget, wife of Christopher, died 9/4/1906, aged 40.  Then on the side is Christopher, died June 1971 and Mary Ellen, died February 1982.  At the bottom it says erected by Rev. W. J. Halpin, Iowa, U.S.

Offline Feichin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 24 September 17 13:43 BST (UK) »
Re: Patrick Halpin who died on 27/12/1905 and William Halpin who died on 11/07/1911

I realised as I was going over some of my records that I have a photograph of Patrick and William's grave taken on 20/11/2015. It seems to be too large to attach here but if anyone wants a copy I can email it to them.

I also realised that William's date of death is given as 6th July 1911 on the headstone however the death certificate definitely states 11th July 1911.

Offline kaligirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 23:27 BST (UK) »
I cannot thank you enough for all of your research. I am still employed at this time, so do not have the time I would like to invest in research. I will definitely come back and review your fabulous contribution. Thank you again!

Offline Tomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 13 October 17 21:15 BST (UK) »
 I have relations married to halpins (halfpenny) she married keenan in clonscott in carrickedmond in longford - mary i think

Offline kaligirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 22:14 BST (UK) »
Feichin - thank you again for your wonderful research. I will use it to build the family tree and hopefully find my grandfather in the process.

Offline Feichin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 25 October 17 23:39 BST (UK) »
kaligirl,

You are welcome.

It is an ongoing project and there are many loose ends of which your grandfather's date of birth is one. I too cannot find my grandfather's date of birth. Mentioned in this thread he was born around the same time and place as yours. I do have a baptism date for him which is probably correct but I have not verified it completely yet.

If I find any further information on the family I will come back to this thread and let you know.

All the best.

Feichin

Offline Feichin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Headstone
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 06 January 19 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Another headstone:

I was told the following about another headstone in the graveyard at the back of the parish church in Fore.

It reads Catherine Halpin, died 6/5/1880, aged 72,  Christopher Halpin, died 16/4/1890, aged 74 - then Bridget, wife of Christopher, died 9/4/1906, aged 40.  Then on the side is Christopher, died June 1971 and Mary Ellen, died February 1982.  At the bottom it says erected by Rev. W. J. Halpin, Iowa, U.S.

I was in Fore today and viewed what I believe to be the headstone referred to in the above post. Difficult to read due to weathering there was just sufficient there to single it out as the correct stone.

If anyone wants a picture of the headstone I can email it to them.

Offline kaligirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 06 January 19 14:27 GMT (UK) »
You sent me a photo and it is much appreciated
I am recently retired and hoping to conduct more research as I still have not found my grandfather's birth certificate.

Thanks again!
Kaligirl

Offline Feichin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 06 January 19 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Kaligirl,

I sent you a photo of Patrick and William's grave.

I would be surprised if your grandfather's birth was registered given the amount of time I spent researching the family but I have been surprised before.

Regards,

Feichin