Author Topic: Clark children Milnthorpe  (Read 956 times)

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Clark children Milnthorpe
« on: Saturday 10 February 07 21:23 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for birth/christening info on five children born to John Thomas Clark and his wife Mary Ellen Butterfield. Edward was the eldest, born approx 1901, Mary 1903, Alice 1905, Annie 1907 and Jennie June 11 1909. Fairly certain of Jennie's birth date cos she was my Gran. Would love to find out more about her siblings.

thanks
christine
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Clark children Milnthorpe
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 February 07 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi
You can search all the births free on www.ancestry.co.uk so that might help to sort out actual dates.   Choose the complete version, not the FreeBMD one.
Any idea what church they might have used?   Where did they marry? Looking at the parish register might be useful.   
Might Edward have been born before the 1901 census?  Worth a look.
Andrea

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clark children Milnthorpe
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 February 07 10:15 GMT (UK) »
I have the parents on the 1901 census and some of the children from BMD index but was hoping someone out there might have the parish records. they would have been christened in Milnthorpe I reckon. John Thomas was well known as a great church goer. Thanks for the advice. I suppose I might have to take a trip over there.

Christine
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.