Author Topic: Margaret Fleming/James Ferguson  (Read 9127 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Fleming/James Ferguson
« Reply #27 on: Monday 12 February 07 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Ruth

I think the next stage you should probably take up on your next visit to NRH. Tooo many James Fergusons (particularly in the Glasgow area) to do anything else.

Firstly you have marriages between James and a Jane (she could be a Jean/Janet/Jessie etc. on the cert.) between 1871-1881. The marriage could be either in Glasgow or Edinbugh area.

Secondly, re deaths, we know it was at least after 1893. James's birth year anywhere between 1828-1834 or thereabouts! In respect of areas, I can't see anything that fits in Edinburgh. Glasgow would be the next place to look. Then again if he was widowed again, he might have ended up near to his daughters. Elizabeth looks to have ended up in the Dunbarton area. I think Robert Officer died there in the 1920s (strangely no sign of Elizabeth on the death searches). You also have Catherine's details which will help as well.

Off to bed now!

Regards.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline oldbear

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Fleming/James Ferguson
« Reply #28 on: Monday 12 February 07 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Joe and Monica! You've given me so much more information to work from, your efforts are really appreciated. I'll keep posting with updates.

Best regards

Ruth
Co. Antrim - Ferguson
Campbelltown - Fleming
Fife - Mavor, Paton, Gourdie, Smart, Ferguson, More