Author Topic: BOND SLAVES  (Read 924 times)

Offline gah

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
BOND SLAVES
« on: Monday 22 November 04 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone, can anyone point me in the right direction about bond slaves ? my gt gt grandfather was one,  as family story goes. He was born in Worcester and his name was JAMES MASSEY born abt 1828 QUATFORD WORCESTER can't find him on any earlier census and cannot seem to find any info about him whatsoever keep hitting a brick wall!! The only info i have is that his first wife died her name was Isobella Lane ? he later went on to marry a Martha nee?and they had a son also James born 1870 in Wolverhampton . I have found the above on 1881 census , but would be gratefull if anyone can find him on any earlier census and also if anyone has any info on bond slaves any thing that may point me in the right direction. regard's GAH

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BOND SLAVES
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 November 04 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Not able to help much but I think young James was probably born Monmore Green rather than Momscore Green as the 1881 has.
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk