Author Topic: Kirklands estate, Ancrum  (Read 15158 times)

Offline jplu2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kirklands estate, Ancrum
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 10:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Gareth,

My great great grandfather was the said John Richardson who owned Kirklands.

There's also a collection of Richardson family papers in the National Library of Scotland. I've only trawled through them for stuff of direct interest to me, but they may well have something of interest to you

Andrew

Andrew,

I have been researching Roland (Also spelled Rowland) Richardson for some time now.  He would be your great great uncle.  He was an officer in the HEIC Cavalry and later the 19th Hussars.  I have a photo of his grave and have a microfilm of the entire Richardson papers from the National Library of Scotland.  I would be very interested in obtaining a photo or other image of Roland.  I have a photo of an oil painting of a young Ensign in the Bengal Cavalry which is reputed to be a painting of Roland, but I have no way to be sure that it is truly Roland.  Have you heard of this painting or know anything about it.  I would love to learn the location of the original.

Any information would be appreciated.  I would be happy to share the information I have regarding Roland if you are interested.

Tim

Hi Tim

I was hoping you might still be around and have some research info on Roland Richardson, in particular his family crest and motto.

Cheers
Jordan

Offline Reggie98

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kirklands estate, Ancrum
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 21 September 19 20:43 BST (UK) »
Information about Colonel Roland Richardson http://www.britishmedals.us/collections/TB/heic/richardson.html

Coat of Arms for Henry Edward Richardson (I think) https://archive.org/details/armorialfamilies02foxd/page/1646