Poll

Have you met any new cousins via RootsChat

Not yet,  but it is only a matter of time......
Yes I met one.
I have been lucky and met 2.
I have met loads of new cousins.
No,  and I don't think I will.

Author Topic: RootsChat Cousins  (Read 11681 times)

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: RootsChat Cousins
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Fantastic Chui!  ;)

Another great result for RootsChat!

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mitchell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 21:26 GMT (UK) »
That's great Chui  :)

I've found one cousin through Rootschat ... she's my 4th cousin 1R. We were both researching the same surname in GenesReunited but didn't find a connection.

Then I posted some of my surnames in the Banff board on Rootschat which she spotted and it turned out that we had a common ancestor after all but in a different branch  :)

Elaine
Mitchell, Turner, Henderson, Archibald, Smith, Walker, Burgess, Alexander, Margetts, Joss - Aberdeenshire
Proctor, Morrison, Henderson, Burgess, McWilliam, Green, Grant, Young, Dey, Allan - Banffshire
Proctor, Logie, Grant - Moray
McRae - Ross & Cromarty and Invernesshire
Clunie, Philp - Fife

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Rebecca Steele

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Its great isn't it when you actually find a living ancestor ..... I always hoped that there was one out there .... and then found him on my favourite website! ;D ;D 8) 8)

Its kind of strange too though, cos you've had this name in your tree for such a long time and you've grown to love them in a funny way, and then all of a sudden they're part of someone elses family too!

Still hoping to find some more living ancetors out there somewhere!! ;D

Chui

Morgan - Herefordshire, Worcestershire * Bullock - Worcestershire * Taylor - Gloucestershire, Worcestershire * Peverill/all/ell - Middlesex, Brighton, Essex * Knee - Gloucestershire, London area * Brenan - Any area * Steele - Dorset<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline linmey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Propping up a Saxon shore fort!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 07:39 GMT (UK) »
I met my third cousin once removed the week I joined RC back in september. I remember being thrilled to bits and thinking there were going to be dozens of others out there , but so far she has been the only one and after hearing that other people have never found even one after years of searching, I realize how lucky I am.
      We started to send personal messages, then e mail, then hours on MSN, then just before christmas she became very poorly and we swopped phone numbers and we now speak to each other a couple of times a week. We get on really well and have a suprising amount in common.
     Its been a great experience getting to know family that I would otherwise have never known existed. I hope she will be back on RootsChat very soon when she is able to use her computer again.
           Linda.
Reynolds, Woodham, Payne, Wilmott, Hart, Richardson, Packwood, Tandy, Dexter - Bedfordshire.
Chamberlain and Wagstaff- Hunts.
Freeman, Cheney, Cox- Northants.
Burns, Muter, Cobban, Hossack, Strachan, Moonlight.
Lanarkshire, Ross and Cromarty and Kincardineshire.
Garvey- Ireland.

Census Information Is Crown Copyright From--
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 08:00 GMT (UK) »
I need to add another choice to the poll.

"I've met someone who I know MUST be a cousin but can't find the exact connection"

This comes through my GREENs, LOWTHERs, & PALMERs.

There is also another "finding people" connection in that I had a US look up done and the lovely soul posted a link to another site that had a message from a cousin in the States.  I've been invited to Wisconsin for a family reunion (our shared ancestor left these shores ~1870s).

I would not have found this connection if it hadn't been for the help of the great people here.

P ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 08:08 GMT (UK) »
I have found 4 or 5 through GenesReunited and nothing here YET. I only joined the tail end of last year and I would love to find a link here.
Here is hoping!!!

Anna x
McLeods - Hartlepool, Liverpool, Inverness(?)<br />Simpsons - Carlisle, Westmorland<br />Harris - Carlisle, Kent<br />Reads - Birmingham and Staffordshire<br />Allens - Marylebone London<br />Zych - Poland
Holmes - Bawdsey, Suffolk
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Collett - Bredon, Worcester
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle
Rogerson - Dumfries and Carlisle
Wood - Ontario

Offline Rebecca Steele

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Pam, you must be so excited! :D

It just proves that this website is a must for anyone doing their families history!

Morgan - Herefordshire, Worcestershire * Bullock - Worcestershire * Taylor - Gloucestershire, Worcestershire * Peverill/all/ell - Middlesex, Brighton, Essex * Knee - Gloucestershire, London area * Brenan - Any area * Steele - Dorset<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 09:15 GMT (UK) »
I have had the absolute thrill and pleasure of meeting a new cousin on Rootschat - actually she is probably 5c 1r - but hey - it's still family!!

I haven't actually "met" my new cousin and family yet as they are in UK and I'm in OZ but being able to share "the hunt" is certainly a burden halved.

I must say, though, that when my new cousin replied to a thread of mine I really thought it was someone playing a joke - I never expected to find a living relative researching my family.

It may even happen to you Hackstaple!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 10:19 GMT (UK) »
I have found 4 or 5 through GenesReunited and nothing here YET. I only joined the tail end of last year and I would love to find a link here.
Here is hoping!!!

Anna x

Anna,

To get your hopes up try this...

Search on Google for Zych Poland - who is the second hit?  ;D

Most people will feed their surnames into google to look fro fellow researchers.  So the next Zych historian maybe on the way  ;D

It's good to note that Anna does well there because she has her surname interests in her profile.

Yes Chui, I get a huge kick out of sharing my research.  Especially photos.

Pam
 ;D

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!