Author Topic: WARE: I'm going..going..GONE!!  (Read 25299 times)

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WARE I'm going!!
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Bob - thanks  ;D ;D

ROFL - I'll follow up on that article but weren't the Poms "supposed" to be a restrained and refined lot!  ::)

Di

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jakky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 22 February 07 10:53 GMT (UK) »
For You Lady Di  no problem 8) to travel to Ware,
 it is only a couple of hours away, but I shall use it for an excuse to stay a night or two ;D

It was my old hunting ground after all ::)

I am frightened of Morris dancers along with clowns, so I will need a whiskey or three for medicinal purposes,  am so looking forwards to it,
 oh, and they do have Mummers that come round the pubs and frighten me as well, it is a funny old place is Ware.

Jakky
Thomas.  Wigan Bolton & Fleetwood
Wilcox. Liverpool & Fleetwood.
Lamplough. Hull.
Hallam. Wigan & Bolton
Jordan. Hackney.
Burtonwood. Wigan,Bolton
All Census Look Up Transcriptions Are Crown Copyright.

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 22 February 07 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Oh, that's excellent news Jakky  ;D

But now I am going to have to admit my ignorance (AGAIN!!) and ask about "Mummers"  ???

I'm not surprised that my ancestors left town if they have all these "funny/strange" things going on  ;)

I'll keep in touch
Di
 ;D

Offline KathMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 22 February 07 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Di,

Have a fabulous time. I look forward to the day I can make a trip to ancestral lands. Paint me green here.

I have a cousin who has a deep loathing of mummres and will leave any parade featuring them. Maybe something in her childhood.

Kath
Sligo: Davey (also Mayo), McCluskey, McNulty
Wexford and Staffordshire: Hayes, McClean
Galway and Staffordshire: Scott
Coventry: Wells, Collins, Palmer, Moody, Beck, Mickelwright, Husbands
Ireland: McNulty (Sligo), Kealy, Murphy (Carlow) Connolly, Gillen, Powell, Ryan, Moore, Martin
Davis from I don't know where originally
Stahl, Russia to England to USA

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 22 February 07 21:15 GMT (UK) »
wow am I glad I decided to look in today ............ we have finished the kitchen now!! but have become a granny dont have as much time but Will definately find time to come to Ware.........I did love our Ware fan club should be a great day..........keep me in touch please ;D ;D

keith my cousin I will rely on you to email me  :D

sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline linmey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Propping up a Saxon shore fort!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 22 February 07 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi sandie, how are you? So glad you are coming to Ware. Its going to be great to meet up at last.

Linda.
Reynolds, Woodham, Payne, Wilmott, Hart, Richardson, Packwood, Tandy, Dexter - Bedfordshire.
Chamberlain and Wagstaff- Hunts.
Freeman, Cheney, Cox- Northants.
Burns, Muter, Cobban, Hossack, Strachan, Moonlight.
Lanarkshire, Ross and Cromarty and Kincardineshire.
Garvey- Ireland.

Census Information Is Crown Copyright From--
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 22 February 07 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am fine thanks I am really looking forward to a meet at last...............must admit I havent been on here much lately I have been researching another branch of Rons family and it has been time consuming but have amassed a group from all over us, canada, australia its amazing how travelled the families were years ago I sometimes think they travelled more then than now........and we thought it was a modern thing.

sandie
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 22 February 07 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kath, Sandie and Linda,

Yippee! - If I hadn't heard from you, Granny Sandie (congrats BTW), in a few days I would have PM'ed you anyway. Wonders will never cease - the kitchen is FINALLY finished. What a busy year you have had  ;D (and all good by the sound of things)

I'm SO thrilled that you'll be able to make it to Ware - we almost have our Club back intact - lookout Ware - here we come!!  ;D

Sandie - I don't know if I'd rely on Keith to keep you up to date - you know nothing comes between a man and his bowels bowls  ;)

Kath - I STILL dont know what Mummers/Mummres are - Oh darn it - I'll go look it up!! (for a change  ;D)

Hi Linda - looks like you could have a few "visitors" in June - should we have the 175th anniversary of the Ware Big Dinner in the original High Street?  ;) (could be dodging a few cars by the look of WebCam!!)

Yippee! ONLY 107 days 'til I leave  ;D ;D ;D

Di

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 22 February 07 21:41 GMT (UK) »
actually if I am honest there are still a few minor things to finish in kitchen!!! its a man thing know what I mean?

sandie