Author Topic: Family heraldic Shields/Crests  (Read 2609 times)

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Family heraldic Shields/Crests
« on: Monday 19 February 07 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible to add two of the above to messages?I should like to add my paternal and maternal family devices.
Malone...Cheshire & Lancashire.Boswell...Bucks and Hunts.Lister...Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
Re: Family heraldic Shields/Crests
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 February 07 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Why don't you do the job properly and marshall the two sets of arms onto a single shield (husband's dexter (left as viewed from front) wife's sinister) or impale the wife's arms (on a small shield in the centre of husband's shield) onto the husbands?

I presume that you are not actually entitled to use either coat of arms and so creating a new coat of arms according to the rules would be no different but would be personal.

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 February 07 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks David,
It sounds wonderful,but HOW?
Malone...Cheshire & Lancashire.Boswell...Bucks and Hunts.Lister...Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 February 07 14:40 GMT (UK) »
If you need to obtain the shields from this site they can be copied from where you set them up for your profile.

You can then paste them using whatever editing software you intend to use.  Impaling is easiest as you simply need to put a small picture of the wife's shield in the middle of the husband's.   Save the result in a new file and then use that file in your profile.

To marshall the two shields you will need to create a new shield using one of the painting applications but using the original shields to source the various colours and devices.

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 19 February 07 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks David,
I shall endeavour to put that into practice.