Author Topic: Re: Our Ancestors #5  (Read 43446 times)

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
Re: Our Ancestors #5
« on: Saturday 27 January 07 16:06 GMT (UK) »
There's a moral here, anita...
If you have a Webb in the Family Tree and haven't got a sense of humour...hit the ground running...

Here is a photo from the dearly beloved's side of the family.
Harry Paget...Patchett...Padgett...(oh use your imagination I give up) on the left, with one of his chums.
HIS life was hard enough for the sister in law to trace...his father's, and grandfather's.....we don't want to talk about it......groan!
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Our Ancestors #5
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 January 07 16:08 GMT (UK) »
thats a great photo Paula.
Larden/Cecil-Birmingham/lichfield/halesowen<br />Lombardozzi-Sora-Italy<br />Tuzi/Tuzio/Tuzzio- Sora-Italy/birmingham,
La Rocca/Tersigni/Lancia-Sora-Italy
Farrell/Battle-Ireland/Birmingham
Polsinelli/Gismondi-Sora-Italy<br />Heffer/Turner-Bristol-Frampton cotterell<br />Dean/skinner-Huntley,gloucs<br />Hinkley-Aston-Juxta-Birmingham<br /><br />Mchale/Oldbury/Ireland<br />Hinton/Smith/Carter/Hercules-Worcestershire.

Offline anitamo

• RootsChat Member
  • Life is a serious business. Isn't it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 January 07 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Paula, how I agree about the Webb family. Charles' father James is giving me even more of a problem, he's the one who has a wife called three different names in consecutive census, Leticia, Cecelia and Selina.

I love the photo, They look like two naughty boys planning some prank and finding it very funny
Orchard/Webb/Stroud Gloucestershire
Eldridge/Stroud Gloucestershire
Hattersley/Barnsley/Sheffield South Yorkshire
Wright/South Yorkshire
Carroll/Barnsley South Yorkshire

Offline saxonw.

• RootsChat Senior
  • So many honest folk but it's the liars and cheats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 January 07 16:28 GMT (UK) »
The catapain and his family. I perhaps should have sent thses phot off o photo restoration first. Great Aunt Tilley (the little girl in teh middle died aged 100 in 1986
Warks -Blundell, Stagg,Guest,Jennings<br />Ireland -Guest , Connor, Nowlan/Nolan,Hemming<br />Norfolk-Stagg<br />Cardigan-Jones<br />Glamorgan- David<br />Monmouth  and Glos-Witts, Bowsher<br />Derby Leics and Notts: Roulstone, Morley,Astle, Poxon , Bywater, Sanderson, Barnett, Fletcher<br />Hants- Jennings<br />Cornwall- Trestain, Stirrup,Gyles, Pearce, Cock<br />Devon- Hutchin(g)s , Griffey,Davies<br />Middlesex- Stirrup

Offline saxonw.

• RootsChat Senior
  • So many honest folk but it's the liars and cheats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 January 07 16:34 GMT (UK) »
And the babe in arms is on the Thriepval Memorial  :'(
Warks -Blundell, Stagg,Guest,Jennings<br />Ireland -Guest , Connor, Nowlan/Nolan,Hemming<br />Norfolk-Stagg<br />Cardigan-Jones<br />Glamorgan- David<br />Monmouth  and Glos-Witts, Bowsher<br />Derby Leics and Notts: Roulstone, Morley,Astle, Poxon , Bywater, Sanderson, Barnett, Fletcher<br />Hants- Jennings<br />Cornwall- Trestain, Stirrup,Gyles, Pearce, Cock<br />Devon- Hutchin(g)s , Griffey,Davies<br />Middlesex- Stirrup

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 January 07 16:35 GMT (UK) »
thats a great photo!! 100 wow!!
Larden/Cecil-Birmingham/lichfield/halesowen<br />Lombardozzi-Sora-Italy<br />Tuzi/Tuzio/Tuzzio- Sora-Italy/birmingham,
Polsinelli/Gismondi-Sora-Italy<br />Heffer/Turner-Bristol-Frampton cotterell<br />Dean/skinner-Huntley,gloucs<br />Hinkley-Aston-Juxta-Birmingham<br /><br />Mchale/Oldbury/Ireland<br />Hinton/Smith/Carter/Hercules-Worcestershire.

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 January 07 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Saxon it is a great photo, you want to get it restored on here.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 27 January 07 16:37 GMT (UK) »
This is my great grandparents Frank Baker and Annie Langridge, in the garden at their house in Croydon, during the 1920s. 

They have been the most problematic of my great grandparents, with doubts as to which Frank Baker, Carpenter from Nottingham, my great grandfather was, and Annie having been born illegitimate.  Unhelpfully they didn't appear to marry.  But they did produce 6 children who survived into adlthood and who all made good lives for themselves. 

The family still has two substantial dressers made by Frank.  Allegedly, he made the original door in the clock tower in Thornton Heath, Surrey.

JULIAN
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble

Offline sheronb

• RootsChat Senior
  • nan 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 27 January 07 16:39 GMT (UK) »
lovely photo!!