Author Topic: +++++ RootsChat Meet - 27th Nov - Dudley +++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++  (Read 16438 times)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
RootsChat Meet 27/11/2004 - Dudley
[/b]

We are planning the first,  of what we hope will be many,  RootsChat Meeting.  It is hoped this will take place as above.  All members of the site are welcome,  no matter how new or old.

Think of it,  you can talk about all things Genealogy,  wander a graveyard in the company of others who understand your strange obsessions,  and have a drink to honour our missing friends.

The plan,  so far,  is to meet at The Black Country Museum 10.30am,  have a bite to eat  and find a cemetary to wander.  Some of us will want to stay overnight,  I will research accomodation and keep you posted.

Check back to this thread to see the plans as we develop them.

The RootsChatters who have so far said they want to come are:

Fitty
Kazza
Sylviaann
Scatty
Amy Kitcher
RootsChat
Trystan
JDG
SMartinBsc
Ticker
Clr1979
Jill Jowett
Dizzy Blonde
jimelad
Christinemw
Willow4873
AngelaR
Marianne

Apologies if I have missed anyone,  Please PM me if I have left you off the list,  we need to have some idea of numbers to finalise plans.  And let me know if you decide you would like to join us,  the more the merrier.

With thanks to Fitty for getting the ball rolling.   ;D

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline christinemw

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: +++++ RootsChat Meet - 27th Nov - Dudley +++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 November 04 17:37 GMT (UK) »
I would like to come to the RootsChat Meet on 27th November at the Black Country Museum and look forward to receiving further details regardsing times and where we meet etc.
Thanks,
Christinemw
Member 2113

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: +++++ RootsChat Meet - 27th Nov - Dudley +++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 November 04 12:33 GMT (UK) »
I've had to change my mind about attending the 'Meet' :(

Could you please take my name off the list.

Thanks, Mick
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline Kazza

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 November 04 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hear that Mick.  :(
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 November 04 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Yeah,me too!!!
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Accomodation

If you require accomodation for the Saturday Evening, we are going to book in at The Ward Arms Hotel

The Ward Arms Hotel
Birmingham Rd, Dudley,
West Midlands DY1 4RN
 Tel: 01384 458070

It looks as if it about 1 Mile away from the Black Country Museum. I gave them a call, group rates are £40.00 per night for a double room or £55.00 for Bed and Breakfast (This is a group Rate). They have a bar and also a Cavery for the Saturday evening at £8.95 per Head. They Currently have 50 Rooms free.

If anyone knows the area it would be of great help to find a suitable place for us all to meet with nice cup of tea while we wait for everyone to arrive. (Just incase anyone is on the last minute with traffic )

Sarah :)

For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah

Thanks for that.  Do we need to quote Rootschat or anything for the group rate?  Are we intending to eat there on the Saturday and do we need to book that too?

Ooh I am excited!  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 23:52 GMT (UK) »
What time is everyone meeting up and where?   

Being very poor and skint at the moment i cant see me staying overnight but if we're gonna do a full day on the Sat then i'll be there  :)

---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Kazza

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Are the Hotel happy for us all to meet there,  even those not staying?  They may have a function room they would not mind lending us for an hour or so in the morning,  or a bar we could get a coffee in?

Kazza.

Ohh and Ticker,  I am getting excited too.  ;D
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:

Area Interests: