Author Topic: anyone need a look-up done at derbyshire records office  (Read 18359 times)

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: derbyshire records office lookups offer
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 20 May 07 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Moira

I would also like to take up your kind offer of a look up when you can fit it in.

Jeremiah Slater married Ann Sanders 25 April 1825 at Duffield.

Any additional information from the marriage entry would be a bonus.

Thanks very much
Carol

Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline philaf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: derbyshire records office lookups offer
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 May 07 19:22 BST (UK) »
Moira,

Hope you might be able to help sometime.

My 3x gt grandfather was George Fern b. Bonsall abt 1809 (+/- 2 yrs). His children were all born in Heaton Norris, Stockport from 1831-1838 and were Henry, Ann, John and Susannah. In 1841 George and his family were in Chorlton in Medlock, Manchester and with them was (I guess) his mother Sarah Ferns aged 73 (b. abt 1768) (Fern, Ferns, Fearn, Fearns all used at some time or another) In 1851 George's daughter Ann was in service in Cheetham Hill, Manchester and, in the same household, there was another Sarah Fearn also in service aged 56 (b. abt 1795) in Bonsall, Derbyshire. She must have been related and possibly an older sister, cousin, aunt etc.

A baptism or birth record for George would be wonderful. (Hopefully this would confirm Sarah as his mother and give me his father.)

Thanks in anticipation.

Phil
Fern (Derbyshire, Lancashire), Fairclough (Garstang, Caton), Davies (Crogen Wladys, Denbighshire), Parkinson (Caton), Barker (Cumbria, Westmorland, Lancashire), Leigh (Cheadle, Cheshire), Millet (Millett, Millatt - Cheshire & Lancashire), Porter (Stalmine, Preesall, Pilling), Pybus (Stockport, Manchester), Tatham (Tatham, Bentham, Poplar), Townson (Mewith, Bentham), Eccles (Farleton, Lancs), Redmayne (Ingleton)

Offline jennigal923

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: anyone need a look-up done at derbyshire records office
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 12 January 12 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Is there an index of grave inscriptions, for New Mills, Glossop and Hayfield? Looking for a John Rusby, died about 1841, possibly in Glossop.

It would be great to find graves for Rusby and Linney for 1700's and 1800's.

Offline PATTYCAKECAD

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 16 January 12 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Moira, what a kind offer for look ups in Derbyshire.  I am a descendant of Israel Wood b late 1600s who migrated to Brookhaven New York and then moved to Ulster County New York. This Israel Wood was supposed son of George Wood b mid 1600s of Derbyshire, England and Israel was also the nephew of John Wood, the Mariner, who also migrated to Brookhaven, New York.  George and John possibly were brothers.  Not sure if George Wood came to America, but much research to support that Israel Wood came about 1664 with James, Duke of York.  This Wood branch were known to descend from the Earl of Warwick, but I don't know which Earl of Warwick it was, Rich or Dudley.  Any help would be most appreciated. 

Regards,

Patty

Offline shandobe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 19 January 12 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Moira

I would like to take your kind offer of a free look-up. I am tracing a ggfather in Baslow Derbyshire.
The man was    James or Caleb Barker born in 1830-1831. Father George and Mother Sarah
My problem has been that this person seems to have used both names on different documents, so I am trying to establish if he was given two christen names. Equally was there a person with either of those names.

regards
Donald Wood
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline JocelynM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 30 March 12 01:06 BST (UK) »
Wondering if the offer still stands.........I am looking for my gg grandfather John Bridgart whose was born abt 1787 in Derby. Went to Australia abt 1850.  Would like birth information if possible.
Regards
JocelynM

Offline moiramount

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 30 March 12 14:42 BST (UK) »
sorry everyone, i have suspended this service for the time being as not got time to go due to work comittments.
mounts/kent
rice/boteler-west ham essex
grigor/sutherland/davidson-scotland
widdowson-derbyshire/yorkshire

Offline millwright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 April 12 13:27 BST (UK) »
Moira,
If you could be so kind I'm hoping that the inquest record will be on film, for my relative.
He is Jacob Jackson Collier killed at The Hartshay Mine Ripley on 3 Sept. 1866 aged 52 from a fall of coal and bind.
The inquest was held 5 Sept 1866, I have his death certificate. Thank you in advance.
Roy Jackson Canada.
Kenyon DBY. Jackson DBY LAN, Lees CHS.

Offline rowvl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 10 April 12 06:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Moira...I am looking for information on the foreparents of Gilbert Mills and Margaret Ashmore who were married in Derbyshire Parish on 4 Oct. 1635...He was from Duffield and she was from Belper. Can you help?