Author Topic: Staples Beaumaris  (Read 3700 times)

Offline rosielewis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Staples Beaumaris
« on: Sunday 25 February 07 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am new to this and never been in a chat room before, so bear with me. I am a decendant of the Staples family Beaumaris. The first Staples to come to Beaumaris was a Thomas Staples born approx. 1786 he was sent from London, and was the Harbour master. He married an Ann from Aber. His son William Staples was also a harbourmaster and married an Ellinor Williams. A lot of the Staples semmed to move to Liverpool at one point, maybe when the Harbour stopped being in use. Some Staples had grocers shops in Beaumaris. Thats all I know really, I would love to know why Thomas Staples was sent from London to be Harbour Master, and I would like to know if there are many Staples families still on Anglesey.
Rose
Staples, Anglesey and Liverpool, Worthington Liverpool, Price Montgomeryshire, Lewis Montgomeryshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.